Tryhard display (40"-50") 1080p/144Hz/1ms help

Athena Kolva

Good day!

As someone who's only finally gotten their feet wet in the tryhard display market as of February 2020, I'm wanting MORE, but, not spending too much.

I'm having trouble finding a thicc panel that ISN'T 2160p, I'm perfectly happy with 1080p, just more want the sp33d.

If I can find something at least 144Hz/1ms, and a bit on the bigger side 40"+, I would happily use it as a main.

Currently my main is a 32 inch curved acer display running at 165Hz (Can't remember the model, the BIOS says its serial is (MMTJNAA002034048823W01)

and nothing comes up online. 1920x1080.

The display is lovely, but, I CAN go thiccer, so why not?

I'm not even sure we have such speeds at that size yet.

Buuut to kind of keep my GTX 1080 happy, and save some dollars, I'm trying to find a thiccer display that's ONLY 1080p with 144hz/1ms minimum, but everything seems to be 2160p, which is great, but EXPENSIVE.

Any help and advice is welcome 🙂

(Yes, I've lost my mind)

I found this which looks REALLY good-

https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-Curved-Class-DisplayPort-C408B-QWN168W/dp/B094LDMHJS/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=43+inch+120hz+1ms&qid=1625293762&sr=8-18

(Actually this may be the best so far)

The reason there isn't so large 1080p displays is because you would need to sit a very long way from your monitor to not be able to make out the individual pixels, at least theoretically. At 45 inches on 1080p, it would be over 70 inches, or over 178 centimeters.

There are also very few monitors that are over 32 inches at 1080p. I wouldn't advice getting a television, because of the akward tuning that televisions often make, not even accounting for the bad input lag and usually low refresh rate.

If you need to have a large monitor / TV over 40 inches with 1080p, I would probably go with a 4K TV, and set it as 1080p (every four pixels shows as one pixel).

The one you listed looks fine, but I wouldn't go with that, just because of the fact that it's pretty expensive compared to other monitors. (also the shipping is nearly 500 dollars to where I live) But at the end of the day, it's still your choice.

41 minutes ago, Zongohihello said:

The reason there isn't so large 1080p

---

(also the shipping is nearly 500 dollars to where I live) But at the end of the day, it's still your choice.

It's free shipping where I am which is INSANE considering $500 for where you are, ouch

and yeah for the money you're strictly paying for performance, I would definitely have that as a primary had I spent that much