Are Google services still banned on Huawei devices.

Well guys, my P20 Pro just bit the dirt and now i need new screen. OLED screens gor for like €200 a piece - as much as an entirre 2nd hand phone in neat condition. Since i don't wanna spend that amount of money on a 2nd hand phone, thought about buying a P40 Pro Plus but my question is if Google services are still unavailable on huawei devices? I know you can use the old phone to install and update the apps, but as i was reading through the pages of broken english on the Huawei forum, i was left with the impression you can install install and use the apps, BUT you can't log in into your google account and use the history or other account functions. Anyone out there with a new Huawei phone to confirm? The essential apps for me are Maps and Chrome, but if i can't log in, they are pretty much useless to me. 

And if you gonna ask why i still want Huawei when there are so many other alternatives - i've had a flagship phone basically from every major brand but none of them managed to serve me 3 whole years without a single fault. Some of them couldn't even work for 3 days w/o a hiccup *cough* SONY XPERIA *cough* *cough* GALAXY S9 *cough*, let alone 3 years. I feel really bad for the old fella, almost like i betrayed him, but you know stuff like this happens sometimes.

P.S

I know there are cheap LCD replacement screens, but those i'm ready to bet are just awful. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

im pretty sure you can download them after the fact,the ban means that the phones cant SHIP with those apps preinstalled

(i could be wrong though)

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

I just did a quick google and it seems there are many ways to go about. Lots of chatter on the subject so I doubt you'll have much trouble.