memoryc.co.uk legitimate? Newegg international warranty???

Hey,

I'm in the mists of buying the final two components for my computer and have found that due to multiple circumstances the memory kit I had intended to buy is out of stock everywhere except Newegg and MemoryC. Unfortunately there are no other kits, by another brand, in the UK that have the same specifications; not sure as to why, perhaps due to shortages etc or that the specs are popular with those who have adopted the Ryzen platform. But I digress, is memoryc.co.uk a legitimate website and has anybody had any experience with them before? Also, how does Newegg's warranty policy work for those shipping internationally? Newegg have given me very conflicting information and after searching around myself I have been unable to resolve at a conclusion. 

Thank you for the help in advance, 

Stay safe,

Lex.

Hey Lex,
memoryc.co.uk is a legitimate website. They have been selling IT components since 2001. I personally haven't bought anything from there, but I'm pretty sure it's a legitimate website.

About Newegg, according to https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/additional-return-policy-information-for-global-sites/#united-kingdom, if there is a problem with your product that Newegg stated "This item is covered by Newegg's International Return Policy", you have 30 days from the day you receive the product to get a refund or get them to repair/replace your product. 

Again, I don't have any experience from buying from these 2 websites but all information are found from reliable sources in the web. Hope this helped you!

5 hours ago, CriSis_ said:

Also, how does Newegg's warranty policy work for those shipping internationally? 

What do you mean by this? The warranty is primarily from manufacturer and you can get additional warranty from store.
It depends on the brand if they allow "international warranty" which means that you can use local importer for warranty requests, or do they insist handling it through retailer. In latter, it's common practice that you pay for shipping to store. If claim is legit, store will pay for shipping back. If claim is not valid, you will pay for the shipping costs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, 

Let me pitch in here as I've been investigating this topic in the last few days. I have a 8tb Seagate drive that failed after 8 mo. Nothing exceptional, drives fail. However when I contacted Seagate , they confirm the waranty runs till Jan 2023, but refer me to the seller to take care of this.

Their reply:

With Seagate being the manufacturer of the products but not the seller, it is important that your original place of purchase is contacted for more information on this, since the resellers are responsible for any replacements required.

new egg does however refuses to handle any international shipped items beyond their 30 days, outside if Canada USA.

new egg;

All I can do is provide a compensation of $15. I hope you can contact the local repairs to fix it.

New egg advertises with prices in my local currency and ships very affordable to my door. I bought on confidence as both brand are reputable, as so I thought. Since there is no local repair service all I can do take it with me on a next trip to Europe or USA and see what I can do there. 

I found this quite disheartening and was wondering if this is a common problem for people that like international purchasing.