Can you sign off Microsoft account after install and use local a account on Windows 11?

Edgar R. Zakarian
Go to solution Solved by NTDaws,

In the Insider Build of Windows 11, you are now able to create a offline account on the OOBE, doesn't matter if it's home, pro, enterprise, etc.聽

The Pro is you get to try a lot of new features out before anyone else. The cons,聽you will run into many bugs, especially this early into the OS. But I have been using it since Monday and most of the bugs are pretty minimal as it stands.

What are the pros and cons of trying it on now? 馃槃
I heard EAC and other anticheats don't support it yet, so you can't play faceit?

Any experiences? I'd love to try it but wanna know if it's a huge hassle.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X聽 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360聽 |聽 GIGABYTE X570S AERO G聽 |聽 2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz聽 | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB |聽 Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)聽 |聽TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX聽VEGA 56 8GB AERO聽|聽2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

you can use an offline account during setup.聽聽

(They make it less visible, but it's there)

6 minutes ago, tkitch said:

you can use an offline account during setup.聽聽

(They make it less visible, but it's there)

Really?

Even with Windows Insider Program? It's the only "official" way I could find to try it out with the latest updates.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X聽 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360聽 |聽 GIGABYTE X570S AERO G聽 |聽 2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz聽 | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB |聽 Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)聽 |聽TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX聽VEGA 56 8GB AERO聽|聽2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

I haven't used the insider build yet (it's possible that version is tweaked to not have the option) but the Dev version previously in the wild absolutely had an option for offline accounts.

In the Insider Build of Windows 11, you are now able to create a offline account on the OOBE, doesn't matter if it's home, pro, enterprise, etc.聽

The Pro is you get to try a lot of new features out before anyone else. The cons,聽you will run into many bugs, especially this early into the OS. But I have been using it since Monday and most of the bugs are pretty minimal as it stands.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, President Dawson Wehage said:

The Pro is you get to try a lot of new features out before anyone else. The cons is you will run into many bugs, especially this early into the OS. But I have been using it since Monday and most of the bugs are pretty minimal as it stands.

Thank you! Can you still play games on steam? CSGO, DOTA etc. ?

Just now, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Thank you! Can you still play games on steam? CSGO, DOTA etc. ?

Yes, sometimes you will get an error with most games at first launch. But after that it works fine.

The geek himself.

-> Moved to Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Windows

Thank you!

20 hours ago, President Dawson Wehage said:

Yes, sometimes you will get an error with most games at first launch. But after that it works fine.

Is there any way to force windows installation through the windows update thingy? It says my 7600k doesn't support TPM2 or something and won't install -_- wth is this.

Okay I found a TPM FIX method with the appraiser.dll etc etc. 馃槃 I'll try it out. Silly Microsoft wth. 馃憡

3 hours ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Thank you!

Is there any way to force windows installation through the windows update thingy? It says my 7600k doesn't support TPM2 or something and won't install -_- wth is this.

Okay I found a TPM FIX method with the appraiser.dll etc etc. 馃槃 I'll try it out. Silly Microsoft wth. 馃憡

If the appraiser.dll doesn't work, watch this video to install with dism.聽

The geek himself.