Old audio setup revisited... 20 years later.

Eighjan

About 20 years ago, my PC had - and I think I still kept, in its entirety, except the box -  a Soundblaster Live! Platinum (an ISA sound card for those old enough to remember them) and my Sony MDR-V7 "Studio Monitors" used to plug into the front break-out box...  fast forward a cpl. decades & I'd like something similar without having to get a mortgage to be able to get it.

I'm looking at getting some Beyerdynamic DT250's & don't want to have to ferret round the back of the PC to plug them in or risk bending the plug using the front headphone jack on my Meshify C...  any suggestions?

**In case the moderators descend on me for spamming, I made this as a thread as a pre-emptive strike...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Just get a couple channel headphone amp.

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-HA400-Ultra-Compact-4-Channel-Headphone/dp/B000KIPT30

If you have a headset that has a mic just plug the audio part in the amp and then plug the headset mic in the pc but with an extension cable if needed depending on where you place the amp. It's a cheap, easy and handy solution with expansion options.

Would a usb Dac amp do the trick or a audio interface?

37 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Would a usb Dac amp do the trick or a audio interface?

If a USB DAC has a ¼" plug socket and is affordable - yes.

EDIT:

Something like this looks like it'll do the job...

Edited by Eighjan

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

38 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

If a USB DAC has a ¼" plug socket and is affordable - yes.

EDIT:

Something like this looks like it'll do the job...

Was gonna reccomend the schiit fulla 4 as it's reviewing pretty well right now. But is kinda out of stock and not sent to ship until 12 weeks from now. One thing I wanna suggest is just buying a cheap amp like a monoprice liquid spark or a schiit magni 3+ and plugging that in via Rca to 3.5 mm adapter to your motherboard. If quarter inch is essential.