Alright - Windows Update is a pain, I'm attempting to install the Windows 11 Insider Preview and it's suck at "Downloading 0%" what gives?

Duo01

I've encountered many issues with Windows Update before and this is one of those "Why can't Windows Update just work great like macOS or Linux" moments. I just tried to install the Windows 11 Insider Preview and at first things went great it installed and downloaded... then looped...? Multiple times it did this for the course of almost an hour and half I waited and it did this, so, I restarted it, and yay, it got stuck, I rebooted, attempted to troubleshoot Windows update. Nothing - so I'm stuck, what do I do?

And no. I am NOT reinstalling Windows 10.
(MS is a pain when every issue you have ends up with you reinstalling Windows - its just like Windows ME when you have to reinstall to get things to work)

Any help would be appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Duo01 said:

I've encountered many issues with Windows Update before and this is one of those "Why can't Windows Update just work great like macOS or Linux" moments. I just tried to install the Windows 11 Insider Preview and at first things went great it installed and downloaded... then looped...? Multiple times it did this for the course of almost an hour and half I waited and it did this, so, I restarted it, and yay, it got stuck, I rebooted, attempted to troubleshoot Windows update. Nothing - so I'm stuck, what do I do?

And no. I am NOT reinstalling Windows 10.
(MS is a pain when every issue you have ends up with you reinstalling Windows - its just like Windows ME when you have to reinstall to get things to work)

Any help would be appreciated.

Try disabling Delivery Optimization (Allow downloads from other PCs)

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

20 hours ago, .Apex. said:

Try disabling Delivery Optimization (Allow downloads from other PCs)

Somehow fixed it on my own by sitting about an hour before it started to download and install.