I need help with a GPU; installing drivers are causing a black screen

So, it is 2021 and, as y'all know, the GPU market is a shitfest.

I am using an i5 9400f and an RX570 4gb and it seems kinda fine to me. But my girlfriend wants to game as well, on her own PC. But, remember what I've said? The market is a shitfest and everything is so, so expensive.

Then I reminded that I have an old Asus R7 265 2gb GPU. Not great, but better than the GTX630 she took from her father's abandoned PC.

Now, when I am installing the GPU in my PC, to test it out, everything seems absolutely fine at first. I get an image = it works.

Well,  kind of.

Because everything is fine until I am trying to install the driver. When I am installing it, the screen will turn black for an indefinite amount of time, and Windows won't boot anymore and I am getting a black screen instead. Of course, Safe Mode is working, and so does the removing of the driver but this isn't a solution.

I've tried both the driver that Windows Update is downloading and the last AMD Adrenalin software. More than that, I've tried some old AMD Catalyst drivers. The result was exactly the same every single time.

So here I am asking you all for help & advice because my smooth brain has already stopped working.

Thank you in advance to everyone who will take from his time to give me an answer.
I will attach System Information, DirectX Diagnostic Tool and GPU-Z results.
image.thumb.png.37c6e2cf54dd80236694cd56fc799d96.png

That’s a good word “shitfest”.   Quite apt.  I have been given to understand it is getting better at least in some places.  Been seeing occasional mixed good news out of the Australian used market anyway.

it sounds like you’re using a driver that doesn’t think that card exists anymore.  Might want something old instead of something new.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s a good word “shitfest”.   Quite apt.  I have been given to understand it is getting better at least in some places.  Been seeing occasional mixed good news out of the Australian used market anyway.

it sounds like you’re using a driver that doesn’t think that card exists anymore.  Might want something old instead of something new.

As I have stated, I've tried several drivers, both the newer Adrenalin and old versions of Crimson and Catalyst. The result is exactly the same every single time.

2 minutes ago, Alexandru Costache said:

As I have stated, I've tried several drivers, both the newer Adrenalin and old versions of Crimson and Catalyst. The result is exactly the same every single time.

Flash the bios if you're at your wits end. 

2 minutes ago, Alexandru Costache said:

Ouch.  Maybe the thing is too old.  I’m hearing scary stuff about windows 11.  They’re apparently EOLing stuff that is actually still being sold new.  When I went from win8.1 to win10 it was decided by something that my 970 shouldn’t work anymore.  580 worked fine though go figure. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Flash the bios if you're at your wits end. 

To be clear, by this you are saying that it may be an issue with the GPU's BIOS?

1 minute ago, Alexandru Costache said:

To be clear, by this you are saying that it may be an issue with the GPU's BIOS?

That’s the way I read it.  Not a bad idea.  Might try that on that 970 and see if I can get it going again.  Might need the 580 for my new box 😕

Just now, Alexandru Costache said:

Correct. 

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Ouch.  Maybe the thing is too old.  I’m hearing scary stuff about windows 11.  They’re apparently EOLing stuff that is actually still being sold new.  When I went from win8.1 to win10 it was decided by something that my 970 shouldn’t work anymore.  580 worked fine though go figure. 

My father is using a R7 260 1gb and it's still usable. I mean, well, 50-60 fps in War Thunder is all that matters for him. xD 

Might install Windows 7 on a bad but not dead hdd just to test if there is a Windows 10 related issue.

1 minute ago, Alexandru Costache said:

My father is using a R7 260 1gb and it's still usable. I mean, well, 50-60 fps in War Thunder is all that matters for him. xD 

Might install Windows 7 on a bad but not dead hdd just to test if there is a Windows 10 related issue.

I’d be interested to see how that goes.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s the way I read it.  Not a bad idea.  Might try that on that 970 and see if I can get it going again.  Might need the 580 for my new box 😕

Whaaat the f~

I have restarted my PC and I got this thing:

20210629_024450.jpg

Flashed the BIOS, let's see how it goes 😮

Aaaand nope, same result. Enough for today, I'm tired. :))image.png.785c1cba792f171cdde4db713c755858.png