Looking for a decent monitor 2560x1440p

Lecom1020

hi, im currently looking for a decent 1440p monitor (32") with gsync (rtx 3090) and no ultrawide 120hz minimum price doesnt really matter  but the price/performace should be ok 

(i dont really care about hdr)

if anyone can help that would be awesome 

2 hours ago, Yodi2007 said:

What's your budget?

dont really have one if it cost 200€ ok if it cost 1k€ ok too  if the price to performance matches its even better if its 27 or 28 inch its ok too 

currently looking at the samsung Odyssey Gaming Monitor C32G74TQSR (32") or the ACER Predator XB323UGP (32")   what would you say currently i would say the samsung beq it has a higher refresh but at the same time the acer has an ips   

8 hours ago, Lecom1020 said:

currently looking at the samsung Odyssey Gaming Monitor C32G74TQSR (32") or the ACER Predator XB323UGP (32")   what would you say currently i would say the samsung beq it has a higher refresh but at the same time the acer has an ips   

They are both great picks! If I were in the market for a 32 inch it is tough to choose. I am looking at an Ultrawide or 43 inch right now. The Alienware AW3821DW or the Aorus 43FVu.

1 hour ago, Yodi2007 said:

They are both great picks! If I were in the market for a 32 inch it is tough to choose. I am looking at an Ultrawide or 43 inch right now. The Alienware AW3821DW or the Aorus 43FVu.

i dont really like ultrawide 

i think im going with the samsung odyssey now i only have to find out why there are 2 model numbers in nearly every store in germany LC32G75TQSNXZA and C32G74TQSR

1 hour ago, Lecom1020 said:

i dont really like ultrawide 

i think im going with the samsung odyssey now i only have to find out why there are 2 model numbers in nearly every store in germany LC32G75TQSNXZA and C32G74TQSR and hope that the gsync problem is really solved i heard vrr is causing some problems with gysnc in low fps situations

has anyone expierience with one of these monitors  and i just saw that the samsung has a really agressive curve does it bother when gaming and watching videos?

15 hours ago, Lecom1020 said:

has anyone expierience with one of these monitors  and i just saw that the samsung has a really agressive curve does it bother when gaming and watching videos?

I tried the G7 and the curve (plus the G-Sync issues) was a dealbreaker for me. I sent it back in the end.

Right now there are 2 good options imo:

27" 1440p 240Hz

In that case the Asus PG279QM would by my choice.

27"-32" 4K 144Hz.

In that case the LG 27GN950 would be my choice. If you also have one of the newer consoles, you should look at the 27GP950 for HDMI 2.1 support.

You'll have to decide if you rather want the higher refresh rate or higher resolution. That heavily depends on the games you play. I'd personally go for 1440p 240Hz.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I tried the G7 and the curve (plus the G-Sync issues) was a dealbreaker for me. I sent it back in the end.

Right now there are 2 good options imo:

27" 1440p 240Hz

In that case the Asus PG279QM would by my choice.

27"-32" 4K 144Hz.

In that case the LG 27GN950 would be my choice. If you also have one of the newer consoles, you should look at the 27GP950 for HDMI 2.1 support.

You'll have to decide if you rather want the higher refresh rate or higher resolution. That heavily depends on the games you play. I'd personally go for 1440p 240Hz.

i thought about the g7  today i went into a local mediamarkt in germany with the hope that they have one sitting there and the curve is to aggressive. Many reported that the gsync issue is fixed but as said too aggressive curve 

will look into the PG279QM 27" the monitor is a bit small for me but thats not a dealbreaker 

4k is out of the question yes i have the gpu for it but i prefer higher fps and the difference to 1440p is not high in my opinion i had the CG437KP and had 2 problems it was to big and the performance to image quality was not that great

• 1 month later...

update i got the PG279QM   2times extreme black light bleed willing to try one more time does someone own the xb323ugp,xb323ugx and can report if its good or bad 

im willing to go down to 27inch for a good display at 1440p  high refresh when needed

is the pg279qm that good when you get one without back light bleed i dont have anything i can compare ips monitors to i only have/had  a Samsung 32inch VA panel 144hz no sync cg437kp and before that only cheap 27 inch low refresh-rate monitors both va panel  that would be my first ips monitor and for what Colour spectrum is the best some poste sRGB in % some adobe argb in % some dcip3  some rec. 2020 and  Delta E<2 i dont have a clue whats needed/ wanted 

everyone is talking about hdr is it really that great on my 4k monitor (cg437kp) hdr10 it just looks ugly nearly no colours ( see picture the division 2 )(and before you ask no thats not just my phone taking a bad picture it looks the same ingame best representation is the left side 
IMG_0920.jpg

13 hours ago, Lecom1020 said:

update i got the PG279QM   2times extreme black light bleed willing to try one more time does someone own the xb323ugp,xb323ugx and can report if its good or bad 

im willing to go down to 27inch for a good display at 1440p  high refresh when needed

Just keep your expectations straight. There will be some backlight bleed and IPS glow on any monitor if you just look at a fully black screen. That's something that can't fully be avoided.

is the pg279qm that good when you get one without back light bleed i dont have anything i can compare ips monitors to i only have/had  a Samsung 32inch VA panel 144hz no sync cg437kp and before that only cheap 27 inch low refresh-rate monitors both va panel  that would be my first ips monitor and for what Colour spectrum is the best some poste sRGB in % some adobe argb in % some dcip3  some rec. 2020 and  Delta E<2 i dont have a clue whats needed/ wanted 

The PG279QM is currently the best overall gaming monitor out there imo. It's one of the fastest monitors in terms of response time, has a great combination of 1440p and 240Hz, has one of the wides color gamuts out there, etc. It's just an all around great monitor.

In terms of what color spectrum you need on a monitor:

Normally 100% sRGB coverage will be enough as it is the standard used for SDR. The PG279QM is in the sRGB mode out of the box so colors won't be oversaturated.

DCI-P3 is currently the standard color space for HDR and anything 90% and up is a good value. This monitor normally sits around 95-97%.

Rec 2020 is basically unimportant to the end user, but is the wides color space of these and can be used to measure what monitor has the biggest color space. The best gaming monitors (like the PG279QM) can cover about 80% if this color space.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

everyone is talking about hdr is it really that great on my 4k monitor (cg437kp) hdr10 it just looks ugly nearly no colours ( see picture the division 2 )(and before you ask no thats not just my phone taking a bad picture it looks the same ingame best representation is the left side 

That looks like the typical SDR scene displayed on a HDR display. Does this game have an HDR option in the settings that needs to be enabled first?

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Just keep your expectations straight. There will be some backlight bleed and IPS glow on any monitor if you just look at a fully black screen. That's something that can't fully be avoided.

The PG279QM is currently the best overall gaming monitor out there imo. It's one of the fastest monitors in terms of response time, has a great combination of 1440p and 240Hz, has one of the wides color gamuts out there, etc. It's just an all around great monitor.

In terms of what color spectrum you need on a monitor:

Normally 100% sRGB coverage will be enough as it is the standard used for SDR. The PG279QM is in the sRGB mode out of the box so colors won't be oversaturated.

DCI-P3 is currently the standard color space for HDR and anything 90% and up is a good value. This monitor normally sits around 95-97%.

Rec 2020 is basically unimportant to the end user, but is the wides color space of these and can be used to measure what monitor has the biggest color space. The best gaming monitors (like the PG279QM) can cover about 80% if this color space.

i know about the ips bleed but on my orders it was horrible you can even notice them in relatively bright games i will try again and if its not ok i can always return it within 14days in germany about hdr i dont care only had bad experience ( see my screenshot)

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

That looks like the typical SDR scene displayed on a HDR display. Does this game have an HDR option in the settings that needs to be enabled first?

yeah it was enabled in game 

ok maybe i have to wait to order again everywhere its out of stock now in germany