WIFI Adapter Went Missing ASUS TUF Windows 10

Joman

EDIT [SOLVED]: Asus uses cheap WIFI card, you might want to replace it. I didn't replace mine because for some reason, it stops disappearing, but sometimes it has a lot of ping jitter while other devices don't. No software/driver changes fix this. I already sold my laptop.

I have ASUS TUF A15 FX506IU.

My wifi adapter keep "missing" while I'm playing game. The wifi suddenly disconnects and I need to run windows troubleshooter. It then will reset my wireless adapter and sometimes the resetting will be failed and the wifi adapter will be missing. If it does, I need to restart my laptop, but sometimes it doesn't work and I need to restart several times to make it comes back. It says that that device is not connected.

I've tried every fix I could find on the internet. None worked for me. Resetting using cmd, reinstalling, updating all drivers and windows, turning off power saving, not allowing windows to turn of the device, you name it! I've even brought my laptop to ASUS service center and they don't know what's the problem!

After I've searched everything on the internet for months, I've noticed something: Most people have this problem while playing games. Is it have anything to do with GPU power consumption?? Because the wifi is fine while I'm downloading large files, but not while I'm playing games. And no one has ever talked about it!

The wifi adapter cant be checked using safe mode with networking because the windows does not load its driver. And my friend suggest me to try Linux to test it. But I don't have the resource for that (I'm using metered connection and not that fast internet). Can anyone that has the same problem test that out?

EDIT: I updated my nvidia driver and the problem seems to be gone for a while. But after that it comes back again but a lot later that usual.

EDIT2: I've tested playing using battery, SO FAR no problem at all. Only happens during plugged in.

EDIT3: Yesterday I did network reset trough troubleshooter.  And it helps for only a day. Today it started acting up again, just like the other times I tried.

Screenshot (902).png

16 hours ago, Joman said:

I have ASUS TUF A15 FX506IU.

My wifi adapter keep "missing" while I'm playing game. The wifi suddenly disconnects and I need to run windows troubleshooter. It then will reset my wireless adapter and sometimes the resetting will be failed and the wifi adapter will be missing. If it does, I need to restart my laptop, but sometimes it doesn't work and I need to restart several times to make it comes back. It says that that device is not connected.

I've tried every fix I could find on the internet. None worked for me. Resetting using cmd, reinstalling, updating all drivers and windows, turning off power saving, not allowing windows to turn of the device, you name it! I've even brought my laptop to ASUS service center and they don't know what's the problem!

After I've searched everything on the internet for months, I've noticed something: Most people have this problem while playing games. Is it have anything to do with GPU power consumption?? Because the wifi is fine while I'm downloading large files, but not while I'm playing games. And no one has ever talked about it!

The wifi adapter cant be checked using safe mode with networking because the windows does not load its driver. And my friend suggest me to try Linux to test it. But I don't have the resource for that (I'm using metered connection and not that fast internet). Can anyone that has the same problem test that out?

Screenshot (902).png

Just with a quick googling:

1-Settings> System> Power and Suspension, click on the side on Additional energy saving settings.
  2-On the next page click on Change combination settings.
  3-On the next page click on Change advanced energy saving settings.
  4-On the next page expand Wireless Card Settings, then expand Power Saving Mode.
  5-In Battery power supply and Power supply, select Maximum performance.

It seems like people have been having problems with this a lot.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:38 PM, RTX 3071 said:

1-Settings> System> Power and Suspension, click on the side on Additional energy saving settings.
  4-On the next page expand Wireless Card Settings, then expand Power Saving Mode.

Sorry I couldn't find the "Power and Suspension", "Additional energy saving settings", or "Change advanced energy saving settings" on the Settings>system. I just can find the "Power & sleep" and "Additional power setting".

Could you attach a screenshot of the setting?

And btw I just updated my nvidia driver and the problem seems to be gone since I updated, at least for now.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:38 PM, RTX 3071 said:

If you mean this setting, I wouldn't go as far as making a post to ask from my problem. I've done this a very long time ago and I'm sick of people telling me

On 6/25/2021 at 6:36 AM, Joman said:

Resetting using cmd, reinstalling, updating all drivers and windows, turning off power saving, not allowing windows to turn of the device,

Maximum performance means no power saving that I said above

Screenshot (917).png

1 hour ago, Joman said:

I'm sick of people telling me

Well, what do you expect in a forum when you ask for help? People will tell you to do stuff because they don't know what you've done.
I know you said,

On 6/25/2021 at 2:36 AM, Joman said:

turning off power saving,

but some adapters have a separate power saving option in their properties.

14 minutes ago, RTX 3071 said:

People will tell you to do stuff because they don't know what you've done.

I mean about the same thing over and over again like I said. If only a quick googling could solve this problem I won't be asking anyway.

• 1 month later...

@Joman did your problem get solved by updating the drivers or does it still exists. and if it does not what else did you do  ( Am a fellow sufferer of this problem)

• 1 year later...

Hello is your problem been solved? Ive been experiencing this problem also

• 5 months later...
On 8/22/2021 at 10:00 PM, NishVerma said:

@Joman did your problem get solved by updating the drivers or does it still exists. and if it does not what else did you do  ( Am a fellow sufferer of this problem)

On 6/13/2023 at 8:16 PM, Louigi211 said:

Hello is your problem been solved? Ive been experiencing this problem also

The problem comes from the cheap wifi card. You need to replace it. I sold the laptop already.