RBG setup shenanigans. H100i Capellix / Commander Pro/Core & Ql120s

Lazerus101

Hey folks. Got a quick setup question if anyone has a moment to give some advice.

I built my PC a few months or so back, first time building a PC in about 7 or 8 years and while much has stayed the same. A LOT HAS CHANGED, hoo boy. 

But on to my issue. So I built the system with H100i Capellix cooler in my 4000D case. Then I got the RBG bug and added 3x QL120s to the front of the case. There is also the one (boring) black fan at the back of the case. This is currently connect to a motherboard fan header. Now I kinda jankied the setup with the QL fans and connected them up to the commander core that came with the AIO. It works but iCue thinks the MLs on the AIO are QLs so they light weirdly and the speeds are bit off so not ideal. I have now (finally) got myself a commander Pro and I am trying to work out what is best way to connect things up as this is kinda new to me last time I built a PC a case with a plastic window was considered fancy.

Any advice would be super appreciated

5 hours ago, Lazerus101 said:

Hey folks. Got a quick setup question if anyone has a moment to give some advice.

I built my PC a few months or so back, first time building a PC in about 7 or 8 years and while much has stayed the same. A LOT HAS CHANGED, hoo boy. 

But on to my issue. So I built the system with H100i Capellix cooler in my 4000D case. Then I got the RBG bug and added 3x QL120s to the front of the case. There is also the one (boring) black fan at the back of the case. This is currently connect to a motherboard fan header. Now I kinda jankied the setup with the QL fans and connected them up to the commander core that came with the AIO. It works but iCue thinks the MLs on the AIO are QLs so they light weirdly and the speeds are bit off so not ideal. I have now (finally) got myself a commander Pro and I am trying to work out what is best way to connect things up as this is kinda new to me last time I built a PC a case with a plastic window was considered fancy.

Any advice would be super appreciated

dont mix corsair fans on the same controller

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

dont mix corsair fans on the same controller

No duh.

Why do you think I now bought the Commander Pro. That is the whole point of the post.

8 minutes ago, Lazerus101 said:

No duh.

Why do you think I now bought the Commander Pro. That is the whole point of the post.

ok so what the point of the post then?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

20 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ok so what the point of the post then?

As I explained. Trying to figure out how to connect everything up. Because now I have 3x Ql120, 2xML120 (on the AIO), 1 standard fan at the back (connected to motherboard). An RGB hub (came with the QL120), The Commander Core (came with the AIO) and the commander pro.

Was hoping someone with some experience on connecting these various things could offer some advice on what goes where.

19 minutes ago, Lazerus101 said:

As I explained. Trying to figure out how to connect everything up. Because now I have 3x Ql120, 2xML120 (on the AIO), 1 standard fan at the back (connected to motherboard). An RGB hub (came with the QL120), The Commander Core (came with the AIO) and the commander pro.

Was hoping someone with some experience on connecting these various things could offer some advice on what goes where.

well 3x ql on one controller 2x ml on another controller and the pwm to the commander.

the pro will need to have the hub plugged in and the fans plugged in to that 1to 6.

the core dose not need a hub as its built in.

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 12.02.45 AM.png

Help with Installing H100i Cooler with Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro Motherboard  - The Corsair User Forums

Edited by thrasher_565

just dont plug the usb in to the commander pro as it wont work. plug it in to internal usb 2.0 on the mb.

Corsair H150i elite capellix+9 fan set up diagram - help - Cooling - Linus  Tech Tips

Edited by thrasher_565

30 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

just dont plug the usb in to the commander pro as it wont work. plug it in to internal usb 2.0 on the mb.

Corsair H150i elite capellix+9 fan set up diagram - help - Cooling - Linus  Tech Tips

Ahha, This actually helps a lot! Closest I have seen to my build (though obviously with more fans)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2021 at 5:50 PM, thrasher_565 said:

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm about to install a setup almost exactly like this. Only using LL series fans.

Just wondering if you can elaborate as to "just dont plug the usb in to the commander pro as it wont work. plug it in to internal usb 2.0 on the mb."

Which USB are you talking about here? I'm assuming the CoCo USB, but thought I'd get clarification

6 minutes ago, Rossage said:

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm about to install a setup almost exactly like this. Only using LL series fans.

Just wondering if you can elaborate as to "just dont plug the usb in to the commander pro as it wont work. plug it in to internal usb 2.0 on the mb."

Which USB are you talking about here? I'm assuming the CoCo USB, but thought I'd get clarification

the commander pro has an built in internal usb hub in it but plunging other corsair controller in to it seem to not work. they cheap out on it. i dont no why it dose not work but it dont.

all controllers must be plugged in the the mb internal usb instead.

CORSAIR ICUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller Run  At Zero RPM for Total Silence|Fans & Cooling| - AliExpress

Edited by thrasher_565

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

the commander pro has an built in internal usb hub in it but plunging other corsair controller in to it seem to not work. they cheap out on it. i dont no why it dose not work but it dont.

all controllers must be plugged in the the mb internal usb instead.

CORSAIR ICUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller Run  At Zero RPM for Total Silence|Fans & Cooling| - AliExpress

So can the lighting node interface with the Commander Pro?

Or is it ALL corsair devices of this nature affected?

My mobo only has 2x USB 2.0 headers, hence why I'm seeking clarification