HarmonyOS First Impressions

Ocrovelo

Today I installed HarmonyOS on my China model Mate30 Pro.

Here are my first impressions:

I love the new design, much better than the EMUI of old. The animations can be a bit sluggish though.

It runs great.

It is more a new skin on Android, not a new OS. Something Huawei seems keen not to mention.

It's very complicated to install for some reason, I had to download a random APK and then go through many Chinese language menus to finally install the profile.

The new system font is really great.

Overall, it's more like an overhaul of EMUI than a new OS, all Android apps (including Play Services) still work.

Screenshot_20210620_214105_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 . Motherboard ASUS Prime X370-PRO . RAM 16GB Kit - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz . GPU MSI GTX 780 Ti GAMING 3G . Case Cooler Master Cosmos II . Storage Crucial MX500 500GB SATA SSD . PSU Corsair RM750x (2018) . Display Dell 27" . Cooling CPU Cooler - AMD Wraith Spire (No Led). Intake - 200mm. Exhaust - 140mm. HDD Bays - 2 x 120mm . Keyboard Redragon K551 VARA RGB . Mouse Dell Optical USB Mouse . Sound Urbanears Plattan 2 - Dark Grey . Operating System Windows 10 Home

oh they are allowed to use the playstore without issues?

Also their ideo was to use that OS in many devices, so you could switch the OS onto the car display, TV, PC and so on, with screen sharing and all that.

Not so sure about security and if they will go with similar new tech in android, and were they are going to go with it.

My phone won't be getting it and my next probably wont be a Huawei so not gonna be able to experience it sadly.

20 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

oh they are allowed to use the playstore without issues?

Also their ideo was to use that OS in many devices, so you could switch the OS onto the car display, TV, PC and so on, with screen sharing and all that.

Not so sure about security and if they will go with similar new tech in android, and were they are going to go with it.

No, but you can still sideload the Playstore just fine.

The OS for smartwatches and stuff is just LiteOS reskinned, it's actually not a new OS so i'm not sure where they're going with that.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 . Motherboard ASUS Prime X370-PRO . RAM 16GB Kit - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz . GPU MSI GTX 780 Ti GAMING 3G . Case Cooler Master Cosmos II . Storage Crucial MX500 500GB SATA SSD . PSU Corsair RM750x (2018) . Display Dell 27" . Cooling CPU Cooler - AMD Wraith Spire (No Led). Intake - 200mm. Exhaust - 140mm. HDD Bays - 2 x 120mm . Keyboard Redragon K551 VARA RGB . Mouse Dell Optical USB Mouse . Sound Urbanears Plattan 2 - Dark Grey . Operating System Windows 10 Home

3 hours ago, DzulfiqarZahranS said:

IMG_20210623_223041_091.jpg

Lol it's so true