Need help deciding between 2gb and 4gb gtx 770.

GTABF54
Go to solution Solved by CCap,

With a 770 any games or settings that would require you to use more than 2gb of VRam wouldn't supply you with a satisfying gaming experience anyways. 

You should be in excellent shape for 1080p max settings with a 770. :)

I'm going to be upgrading to a gtx 770 very soon and I've been trying to figure out if i should get the 2gb one or the 4b version. I do a google search and there's some people saying the 4gb version isn't worth it, and there's some people saying its necessary. 

So i'm coming here for a final opinion. Can a 2gb 770 run bf4 ultra without AA, or do I need to get the 4gb version?

Just get the 2GB if you're on 1080p

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

With a 770 any games or settings that would require you to use more than 2gb of VRam wouldn't supply you with a satisfying gaming experience anyways. 

You should be in excellent shape for 1080p max settings with a 770. :)

//ccap

you dont need the 4gb version unless your going to be running 2+ monitors memory effects games marginally just get the 2gb

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I wouldn't get the GTX 770 4GB for 1080p. I would just save the money and get the 2GB GTX 770. I would look towards getting a GTX 780 maybe.

Quote me to get a reply!

If your on 1080p then just get the 2GB

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Thank you guys! You just saved me 80$ :)

This forum is always so helpful and provides answers quickly. Thank you all again!

Another thing to take into account is the fact that the GTX 770 with it's 256Bit bus cannot actually saturate the 4GB of VRAM. As it is limited by the bus. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

If you can afford a 4gb 770 why not just get a 780?

Another thing to take into account is the fact that the GTX 770 with it's 256Bit bus cannot actually saturate the 4GB of VRAM. As it is limited by the bus.

Nope.

144Hz goodness

Maybe that's not true from a technical perspective, but in the real world it is. The 770 only has about 30 GB/s more than the 680, so if the 4GB 680 showed no benefits at higher resolutions compared to the 2GB model, a 3GB/6GB 780 is better for higher resolution gaming. A 2GB GTX 770 will do just fine.