LG Nexus 5

So I got my Nexus 5 yesterday after ordering it with a couple friends from the australian playstore

I've been wanting to get this phone ever since it release, and a friend was ordering one, and asked if i wanted one too

So i got the 32GB black version, and i couldnt be happier

the screen is just amazing, and a real step up from the Galaxy Nexus which is still a good phone in my mind.

setup as usual was/is a breeze

got it running on telecom(one of our networks), on their 4G network

For me its stock android or nothing, ease of use and customizable as hell.

thanks

Looking for a job

Lol sounded like a facebook post :P

Anyhow, I'd suggest installing a custom ROM (I'm running the latest nightly Carbon ROM build it's the best imo :P)

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

i was gonna write more, but i got called away to do something else :D

Looking for a job

i was gonna write more, but i got called away to do something else :D

did u update to 4.4.2 yet ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Lol sounded like a facebook post :P

Anyhow, I'd suggest installing a custom ROM (I'm running the latest nightly Carbon ROM build it's the best imo :P)

i used to be a ROM junkie  (Galaxy s2 , HTC One S)

but ever since i got my nexus 5 i just didnt feel the need to use roms anymore

just changed the icons and rooted it for some apps i have

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

did u update to 4.4.2 yet ?

already had 4.4.2 on it

Looking for a job

OP WHERE ARE THE PICS ? to prove is all  that you have le device

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Reviewer was bought by LG. Don't listen to him.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

OP WHERE ARE THE PICS ? to prove is all  that you have le device

In good time

Reviewer was bought by LG. Don't listen to him.

dislike

Looking for a job

What?

I was being facetious. You know how professional reviewers get shit for being "paid" for positive reviews? Yeah. This review is hardly what I'd call "professional," no offense to the OP.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

i used to be a ROM junkie  (Galaxy s2 , HTC One S)

but ever since i got my nexus 5 i just didnt feel the need to use roms anymore

just changed the icons and rooted it for some apps i have

Yeah that's the approach I took when I got my Nexus 5. Then I realized how I missed Active Notifications, having the torch on the Nav Ring, disabling the lockscreen/screen timeout from the statusbar, and expanded desktop...and those just brought me right in again lol. 

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Well, at least include a few more lines for effort. This is kinda short to be a review.

You should try Melted Butter 4.4.2 w/ Bricked Kernel. 300mhz-2300mhz all cores interactive, 533mhz max 3D clock for Adreno 330, -25000 undervolting for all voltage steps. This helps me get roughly 4.5h on screen time on one charge, or about 2.5-3 days on a single charge. Smooth as hell despite all this though, CM is laggy as hell.

I used to change ROMs every 5 days on my Moto Defy because it got so slow and bad...now I rock the same rom for months at a time. No need to move off of current rom, methinks.