I am getting ready to build a computer and want an H100i. I would like to add more radiators later, but I am not sure if I would have problems if I open it. Would adding more radiators to the loop break/cause problems with the H100i? If so, what would it do and why?

It's not worth stripping down the h100i to take the rad from it, and don't use the pump from it as your main pump. It's best just to buy more radiators as you need them. I am unsure if you can even use the H100i's radiator as a regular one.

It's not worth stripping down the h100i to take the rad from it, and don't use the pump from it as your main pump. It's best just to buy more radiators as you need them. I am unsure if you can even use the H100i's radiator as a regular one.

Could I cut a hose and put another radiator inline?

Could I cut a hose and put another radiator inline?

No, that would be a bad idea. The pump is made for just one radiator and you won't need another radiator to cool just a CPU, there is a point where having more radiators doesn't do anything.

No, that would be a bad idea. The pump is made for just one radiator and you won't need another radiator to cool just a CPU, there is a point where having more radiators doesn't do anything.

Why would it be a bad idea? Can the pump not handle it?

if you want to do that i sugest the swifttech h220 or h320

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

they are designed to be expandable loops while the corsair aio's are not

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

if you want to do that i sugest the swifttech h220 or h320

Why not the H100i?

I would suggest the H220 if you want to expand an AIO, since its pump is actually designed specifically for that.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

they are designed to be expandable loops while the corsair aio's are not

Does that have to do with the pump?

Why not the H100i?

the h100i is a sealed unit non expandable

Does that have to do with the pump?

im not sure but their not made to be opend up

the h100i is a sealed unit non expandable

What would happen if I did?

What would happen if I did?

Air. Lots of air will enter the loop. Plus you will get to see what Corsair uses inside the H100i.

The pump for the H100i is designed for just one radiator in the closed loop. It theoretically could handle expansion but the water would probably move very slow.

AiO's have pumps designed for the one radiator. The pump simply could not handle more radiators. Not to mention voiding the warranty and most likely causing more issues than you would expect.

I am getting ready to build a computer and want an H100i. I would like to add more radiators later, but I am not sure if I would have problems if I open it. Would adding more radiators to the loop break/cause problems with the H100i? If so, what would it do and why?

get somthingf like a glacier 240l or a swiftec

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."