Chia causing "short term" HDD price hike

HDD prices are still double compared to march prices (and mid april), is there any other reason for the sustained high prices for HDDs?

The way I understand it, the large capacity HDD's for the consumer markets are only a small marketshare for the sale of drives, but is it so small that chia miners can keep the prices up for much longer? (if that is the only reason)

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

1 hour ago, A_Mediocre_Kangaroo_Farmer said:

HDD prices are still double compared to march prices (and mid april), is there any other reason for the sustained high prices for HDDs?

The way I understand it, the large capacity HDD's for the consumer markets are only a small marketshare for the sale of drives, but is it so small that chia miners can keep the prices up for much longer? (if that is the only reason)

Prices have started falling this past week. Chia value has tanked, if you are in the market for a drive, hold on for another month or so and my guess is prices will begin to return to normal (maybe not pre-chia level, but not double)