Facebook testing Ads in VR Oculus apps and Games

I do wonder if other platforms will implement a similar ad system, though these sorts of implementations aren't exactly characteristic from let's say Valve or HTC. That said, it's always good to be cautious about it. 

14 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

So for me this depends on how intrusive the location is. I mean ofc less ads is better overall, but honestly I've grown to ignore most ads as long as it doesn't interfere with the actual content. So if they put ads on the home environment thing, idgaf, cuz i never use that, I open games directly and never use that aspect. If they are putting add on surfaces in the environments like @GhostRoadieBL says, that I could ignore as well, but i'd have more issue as that affects the visuals and therefore the immersiveness of the actual game.

That's okay if you don't mind the ads anymore, however it shouldn't be accepted as a standard norm these days. Majority of ads are intrusive and should straight out be blocked by users who have the ability to use an adblock. In VR that's unfortunately a bit more complicated to solve. As I said in one of my other posts, someone should try to mod in an adblock to counter these ads that Facebook puts in there. Ads do not have a place whatsoever in VR. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

22 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

It's definitely here to stay, it has a long way to mature, but it's gotten to a point where it's mostly not a problem at all. At this point I struggle to call it niche honestly

I actually get motion sickness and I use the rift S without any nausea at all. Your mileage may vary, but I have no issue with that aspect. the battery issue for the controllers is a pain though. I have rechargeables so it's not a gigantic issue, but it still should be a chargeable battery with a cord from the start

From what I understand, not all motion sickness is the same. Like I can get motion sickness just from a 30 minute car drive, yet I can drive the same route and not get sick. So my best guess is that the "wobble" and motion blur is responsible for it.

As for the trackers, everyone I've heard (even if I'm not watching the screen, I might still be listening) seems to complain about the battery life, and how they malfunction a lot if there are reflective surfaces.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

VR's are stupid anyway in general.

According to my friend. Elite Dangerous in VR is pretty legit. I can imagine that Flight Simulator or any type of driving game like Forza would be also legit. Of course its only legit if your willing to sell your soul. LOL. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Kisai said:

1. From what I understand, not all motion sickness is the same. Like I can get motion sickness just from a 30 minute car drive, yet I can drive the same route and not get sick. So my best guess is that the "wobble" and motion blur is responsible for it.

2. As for the trackers, everyone I've heard (even if I'm not watching the screen, I might still be listening) seems to complain about the battery life, and how they malfunction a lot if there are reflective surfaces.

1. Definitely, my mom has much worse motion sickness. I have similar to you, driving is no problem, but riding makes me queasy. For me it's mostly if I try to read or write while riding, but riding in the backseat will do it for me reading or not. The motion sick will depend largely on the game. With the Rift S, I can play many titles with no problem, butskyrim VR I can go for about 20 min before i get some motion sickness. I think that one the movement is mostly to fault. It's a bit jarring and it wears on me. Games like superhot and beat saber, among many others, I can play for hours without anything other than mild discomfort from wearing the head strap

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

According to my friend. Elite Dangerous in VR is pretty legit. I can imagine that Flight Simulator or any type of driving game like Forza would be also legit. Of course its only legit if your willing to sell your soul. LOL. 

There's TONS of legit titles, fortunately I got my rift S before fb required login, I will not be buying a rift ever again as long as fb requires that, and especially now they are putting ads in

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.