Battlefield 4 schortcut bundles (pay to instantly unlock)

On March 31st, DICE/EA have released so called shortcut bundles which allow everyone to unlock all weapons or vehicles in a category by paying a few bucks/euros/whatever currency. Do you think this is positive or negative? I personally think this is stupid, as you allow players to just unlock stuff that others have put effort into in playing the game. But still I understand EA is doing this because they want to make as much money as they want.

0ae09f62fb79ba1ca7dbe206c5ca8c6f.png

My personal rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/139780-zalman-my-first-build/

I use it partially as a Hackintosh. Don't judge me.

The pay-to-win joke in Path of Exile was too good.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Bf4 is not pay 2 win

You pay once. then everyting is easy to unlock

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I missed that, what happened?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

On March 31st, DICE/EA have released so called shortcut bundles which allow everyone to unlock all weapons or vehicles in a category by paying a few bucks/euros/whatever currency. Do you think this is positive or negative? I personally think this is stupid, as you allow players to just unlock stuff that others have put effort into in playing the game. But still I understand EA is doing this because they want to make as much money as they want.

It doesn't bother me.

Unless the weapons are overpowered/unbalanced, it's not Pay 2 Win. It's Pay to spend less time advancing. 

Like, it's a different type of thing. Not Pay 2 Win.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It doesn't bother me.

Unless the weapons are overpowered/unbalanced, it's not Pay 2 Win. It's Pay to spend less time advancing. 

Bf4 is not pay 2 win

You pay once. then everyting is easy to unlock

You're both right, I changed the title  ;)

My personal rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/139780-zalman-my-first-build/

It doesn't bother me.

How long does it take to farm a weapon?Does it take weeks like in Planetside 2?

Its a good think

Means people new to Battlefield Or people who dont have time to put that much time in get a chance to play with all the kit that the hardcore players are using

It evens up the field if you ask me

I still think its pointless paying for content that is otherwise free - but if you want to spend money on it, all power to you

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

How long does it take to farm a weapon?Does it take weeks like in Planetside 2?

No it's pretty quick like only a couple of hours unless you want something really special that you get from battlepacks e.g. a russian sight for an american gun

It can actually take a long time to unlock the things that you might want. 

Its not pay to win. You don't suddenly get the upper hand, even with vehicular unlocks. 

I can see people who don't play the game enough to unlock regularly shelling out for bundles to simply unlock whatever they want. 

Personally, those battlepacks and XP boosts and double XP weekends negate the personal need. I can grind out a few million XPs a weekend if I really wanted to, just to unlock everything.

No it's pretty quick like only a couple of hours for the next gun

Oh.In Planetside 2 you have to get either 100/250/500/750/1000 certs(in-game currency) to unlock weapons.And considering you get around 1 cert/2kills it takes a veeeeeery long time to reach those damn 1000 certs.Or you can pay $10 for a weapon(Yes,$10 for a fucking 750 station cash weapon!)

Oh.In Planetside 2 you have to get either 100/250/500/750/1000 certs(in-game currency) to unlock weapons.And considering you get around 1 cert/2kills it takes a veeeeeery long time to reach those damn 1000 certs.

To clarify, it's hard to get kills in Planetside 2 without farming in obvious bottlenecks which is sorta boring.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I really don't give a shit.  I think they are okay.  They had them for Battlefield Bad Company 2 as well which I paid for at the time because I picked up the game way late and was able to compete better with the better weapons.  

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I think these are just a sneaky way of saying, LOL WE HAVE MICRO TRANSACTIONS FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T B FUCKED PLAYING MUCH. but TBH, it doesn't take very long to lvl up in BF4 so I generally see them as redundant. 

Wait...you subdued to this filth....lol

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

A good bf player should be able to do well with almost any weapon, so if you give a noob a good weapon, will they go any better? Maybe, but battlefield isn't pay to win

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

I don't really see the point. If you just buy all the unlockable content...then all you have left is the experience...and the experience isnt that good because the game doesn't work how you would expect it to.... so...you pay a lot of money for a broken game...then buy all the content for more...then you play the broken game until you are furious at it...

The whole thing is kind of just a giant scam.

I voted other because I am against unlocks in first person shooters. I like the idea that everyone starts on equal footing and is always on equal footing. If something has functionality everyone should have it.

The only unlock system I am mildly ok with is the Team Fortress 2 random style. You can easily trade or craft the weapon you want without having to grind out for it. But still, I wish Team Fortress 2 would have unlocks only for cosmetic items with no functionality.

I don't really care, it's not game breaking. I wouldn't buy them, but if you want to spend money on something like that then who am I to judge.

Its hardly pay2win. I don't know any weapon in BF4 (after AA mine change) that is overpowered in any situation. Some are annoying but nothing more. Inpatient ones choose that route but for us who enjoy playing as is, they are useless. I bought one shortcut kit in BF3 and will buy one (atleast) in BF4. In BF3 it was to open COOP weapons and in this it will be for SP weapons. Do these work for assignment weapons? If so then I might use them as such at some point but its not needed yet.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv