Side-grade to an RX 6700 XT from 3060 Ti plus cash?

Acid419

I am in a bit of indecision on this, and find it hard to decide upon what to do. So I have the option to sell my Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti Aorus Master for somewhere around AU$1,400 (I paid AU$1,000 when I bought the card) and buy a Sapphire RX 6700 XT Nitro+ for AU$1,199. Seemingly the stock of the RX 6700 XT doesn't seem to be nearly as bad within Australia, as many are still in-stock and this one has kept its stock for 2 days from when I saw it. Which option do you think is the best option, either keep my Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti Aorus Master or sell it and gain $200 and change to a Sapphire Nitro+ 6700 XT? Alternatively, I could just sell my graphics card and keep the money until prices settle down so I could afford a 3080/6800, I can survive on a low tier card for a while.

TLDR: Do I sell my 3060 Ti for 6700 XT + $200 my way? 

7 minutes ago, Acid419 said:

sell my graphics card and keep the money until prices settle down

This is a smart move.

Unless you have urgent need for it.

Gaming can wait.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

14 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

This is a smart move.

Unless you have urgent need for it.

Gaming can wait.

At worst he only gets 200aud.

You basically discribed scalping. Even if it's only once. I wouldn't do it for moral reasons alone. I could literally sell my 3080 for 250%+ of what i paid in september, but then i'd sell my dignity along with it...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I don’t know about where you live but here in Japan GPU stock is starting to recover. Which means that prices are starting to come down. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

9 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

You basically discribed scalping. Even if it's only once. I wouldn't do it for moral reasons alone. I could literally sell my 3080 for 250%+ of what i paid in september, but then i'd sell my dignity along with it...

Yes, I agree it is scalping but when you don't have enough for the high-end cards at their usual prices, I don't find it that bad. Especially since this is a 3060 Ti, not a 3080. I'd certainly be happy if I owned a 3080 myself and wouldn't consider selling it either. 

1 hour ago, Acid419 said:

Yes, I agree it is scalping but when you don't have enough for the high-end cards at their usual prices, I don't find it that bad. Especially since this is a 3060 Ti, not a 3080. I'd certainly be happy if I owned a 3080 myself and wouldn't consider selling it either. 

You're basically saying "the end justifies the means". No matter how you look at it, it's scalping. I'd not do it because i would just feel bad about it. But like you see around the world there are enough people that have no problem with taking advantage of other people. It's a sad reality but if you want to do it, realistically there is nothing i can do about it. I just wanted to give my opinion on the matter.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.