Many applications constantly crashing after i installed new CPU cooler and moved a ram stick to single channel instead of dual channel

Axgk

Many applications constantly crashing after i installed new CPU cooler and moved a ram stick to single channel instead of dual channel. Would appreciate any help. Getting tired of discord and chrome just crashing and my entire pc freezing sometimes.

1 minute ago, Axgk said:

moved a ram stick to single channel instead of dual channel

You mean you took out one ram stick and are using 1 stick instead of 2 now? Provide more information about your parts, not much to go on with what you've provided.

RYZEN 7 3700X / MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI / ZOTAC 3070 TWIN EDGE OC / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB @ 3200 / SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 / WD BLACK SN850 M.2 / GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ GOLD / MSI MAG FORGE 100R / MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 

You've changed from dual to single channel?!?!?!?!?!?! WHY????? Dual channel is so much better so try going back to dual channel and see if it works.

57 minutes ago, pls no mor glasswire linus said:

You've changed from dual to single channel?!?!?!?!?!?! WHY????? Dual channel is so much better so try going back to dual channel and see if it works.

Cooler wouldnt fit otherwise. I dont wanna run at 100C in return for dual channel

1 hour ago, Wayupthere said:

You mean you took out one ram stick and are using 1 stick instead of 2 now? Provide more information about your parts, not much to go on with what you've provided.

I have 2 ram sticks. They were in dual channel slots before. Now they are single channel

1 minute ago, Axgk said:

Cooler wouldnt fit otherwise. I dont wanna run at 100C in return for dual channel

What is your overalls spec? Cooler doesn't fit with ram is rare occurrence

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

3 minutes ago, Axgk said:

I have 2 ram sticks. They were in dual channel slots before. Now they are single channel

Thus effectively setting yourself up to loose performance. If you don't mention your specs it will be hard to help you.

RYZEN 7 3700X / MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI / ZOTAC 3070 TWIN EDGE OC / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB @ 3200 / SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 / WD BLACK SN850 M.2 / GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ GOLD / MSI MAG FORGE 100R / MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

Have you looked at logs about why software is crashing? Any BSODs or other errors that we can read? How are software crashing?

Cooler is irrelevant, so should RAM being single channel be. Those alone won't cause this. The RAM or the slot where you moved it could be the reason. You need to run Memtest to verify that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

23 minutes ago, Freakwise said:

What is your overalls spec? Cooler doesn't fit with ram is rare occurrence

high clearance ram. Thats the only reason. Using shadow rock LP

19 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

Have you looked at logs about why software is crashing? Any BSODs or other errors that we can read? How are software crashing?

Cooler is irrelevant, so should RAM being single channel be. Those alone won't cause this. The RAM or the slot where you moved it could be the reason. You need to run Memtest to verify that.

No idea where to check this

55 minutes ago, Axgk said:

high clearance ram. Thats the only reason. Using shadow rock LP

Move the fan to the other side? The lps heatsink isn't big enough to interfere with any ram slot.

Just now, jaslion said:

Move the fan to the other side? The lps heatsink isn't big enough to interfere with any ram slot.

It was supposed to be installed sideways. It 100% wouldnt fit that way. Ended up installing it in a sub-optimal way. This way I at least have 2 ram slots my sticks can fit in, instead of 0

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Picture of it “not being big enough to interfere”

FEADB2B2-9B9D-4306-BF5F-DE90AE81320C.jpeg

29911FCA-E7D2-4630-A3EC-CDF14F53B39B.jpeg

440A2D4A-0C9B-4998-9C2D-9F92A75B2342.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Axgk said:

It was supposed to be installed sideways. It 100% wouldnt fit that way. Ended up installing it in a sub-optimal way. This way I at least have 2 ram slots my sticks can fit in, instead of 0

What are your specs? It is supposed to be installed perpendicular to the gpu.

Nvm confused it with the dark rock slim.

Can you return it? Any reason you got a mini itx cooler for a full size pc?

Either way again what are your specs?

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

First picture shows a thing on my motherboard that blocks it from being turned like that https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CMyLmk

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Nvm confused it with the dark rock slim.

Can you return it? Any reason you got a mini itx cooler for a full size pc?

Either way again what are your specs?

Idk, heard it was good. And got it, was desperate cause I was running at 100C. I just wanted a good cheap cooler. No I cant return it. Why do you ask?

14 minutes ago, Axgk said:

Idk, heard it was good. And got it, was desperate cause I was running at 100C. I just wanted a good cheap cooler. No I cant return it. Why do you ask?

The lp cooler is only a little better than the stock one. Is it actually cooling the cpu well?

I think you might have confused the lp with the dark rock slim which is an actual great budget cooler.

Just now, jaslion said:

The lp cooler is only a little better than the stock one. Is it actually cooling the cpu well?

I think you might have confused the lp with the dark rock slim which is an actual great budget cooler.

running 44C right now, games at 50C. The stock one was the 100C one. yeah i probably did, But doesnt matter to me as its compatible and does the job.

1 hour ago, Axgk said:

No idea where to check this

So you are opening them and they just close? That's very unlikely to be hardware related. I would point to your AV first, maybe Windows updates or malware.

You can find Event Manager under System. Use the legacy Control Panel instead of Win10 settings. Look out for any critical events or errors which occur at the time of applications closing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

So you are opening them and they just close? That's very unlikely to be hardware related. I would point to your AV first, maybe Windows updates or malware.

You can find Event Manager under System. Use the legacy Control Panel instead of Win10 settings. Look out for any critical events or errors which occur at the time of applications closing.

Got it, event manager is what i was looking for. Also they close occasionally when putting slightly more load on, but nothing that should be that serious/result in a crash

11 minutes ago, Axgk said:

Got it, event manager is what i was looking for. Also they close occasionally when putting slightly more load on, but nothing that should be that serious/result in a crash

It could be that the slot where you moved the RAM to has defect. Since it was working fine before.
Another thing could be pagefile size.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

It could be that the slot where you moved the RAM to has defect. Since it was working fine before.
Another thing could be pagefile size.

Page file size? Chrome has been complaining to me to clear my cache if thats what you mean

4 hours ago, Axgk said:

Page file size? Chrome has been complaining to me to clear my cache if thats what you mean

No, the Windows hardware reserved one. Some people disable it or make it too small. Which causes some software to malfunction.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

No, the Windows hardware reserved one. Some people disable it or make it too small. Which causes some software to malfunction.

I guess im just clueless. Ill put in some research and see if its the problem

2 minutes ago, Axgk said:

I guess im just clueless. Ill put in some research and see if its the problem

If you don't know about it, then it's not the issue. It's advanced system setting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv