Do I have a problem with my old laptop?

New ask

So. I missed playing online games again and I saw that Albion had a new update. I found my old laptop, cleaned it but when I started playing, the game is stuttering even though I have more than the required spec to play the game. Do I have a problem?

16236693912796875646862816345506.jpg

Well clearly your gpu is maxing out so you are hitching there.

You should also check per core usage of the cpu as this is a grand strategy game so to say and those often have a single core limit.

At worst you have to turn the settings down if possible. Can also be that over time the game simply got heavier but since it is a top down kinda game that isn't split second reaction the devs consider your specs plenty as it simply launches.

Sidenote it is running pretty hot have you cleaned the heatsinks from dust by opening up the laptop?

Just now, jaslion said:

Its completly normal for the GPU to be on 100%, it doesn't mean that is the problem.

More likely is as you also mentioned the per core usage for the CPU, if one core are maxing out that will likely cause stuttering as its not able to deliver frames to the gpu in a timely manner.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

Just now, Tegneren said:

Its completly normal for the GPU to be on 100%, it doesn't mean that is the problem.

More likely is as you also mentioned the per core usage for the CPU, if one core are maxing out that will likely cause stuttering as its not able to deliver frames to the gpu in a timely manner.

I meant hitching as limited there. Should have used clearer words.

48 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You should also check per core usage of the cpu as this is a grand strategy game so to say and those often have a single core limit.

At worst you have to turn the settings down if possible. Can also be that over time the game simply got heavier but since it is a top down kinda game that isn't split second reaction the devs consider your specs plenty as it simply launches.

Sidenote it is running pretty hot have you cleaned the heatsinks from dust by opening up the laptop?

Thanks! I found a flat spider egg under the fan.I don't know if I want to use it now though....

7 minutes ago, New ask said:

Thanks! I found a flat spider egg under the fan.I don't know if I want to use it now though....

Clean it out with some compressed air and a harsher paint brush.

* your thread was moved to the Troubleshooting section, please always post in the appropriate section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !