Upgraded to new PC and noticing stutters in GTA

I recently upgraded from a 2080 super r5 3600 16gb ram to rtx 3080 r7 5800x 32gb ram and i noticed that all games run fine all benchmarks run fine except for one game. GTA 5 it stutters i dont exactly know why but im getting good frames like 180fps but the game stutters here and there but apparently turning on V-sync fixes the problem but im confused on why v sync is needed? just to be clear 3dmark cinebench heaven and games like cyberpunk and apex legends and AC valhalla run completely fine with no stutter. the game is on a m.2 sata ssd with more than 300gb left. chipset drivers are installed and latest drivers for gpu are also installed. even the windows and bios are updated. I didnt overclock anything. Temps of both gpu and cpu never exceed 74. I disabled windows updates. what else can i do? My psu is good enough for this pc gx850 80+ gold and im using a b550 tomahawk

A similar problem has been occuring to my friend. he got a 3080 too, and paired it with r9 5900x, 32 gb ram. His pc restarts, or stutters randomly, but his problem occurs while playing apex legends only. We narrowed down the problem to the RAM sticks. Turns out, that one of the 16 gig sticks that he was using was the problem behind it. it used to run okay when only one stick is put, but in dual channel, the pc would crash, or stutter in-game. You could try to troubleshoot it similarly by removing your ram sticks and putting it one by one and then checking if it happens.

15 minutes ago, SentiLoquent said:

A similar problem has been occuring to my friend. he got a 3080 too, and paired it with r9 5900x, 32 gb ram. His pc restarts, or stutters randomly, but his problem occurs while playing apex legends only. We narrowed down the problem to the RAM sticks. Turns out, that one of the 16 gig sticks that he was using was the problem behind it. it used to run okay when only one stick is put, but in dual channel, the pc would crash, or stutter in-game. You could try to troubleshoot it similarly by removing your ram sticks and putting it one by one and then checking if it happens.

is there any other way to diagnose the memory without removing them? i dont want to remove them because i dont wanna risk having to re-enable xmp which was a pain the ass to get working on my memory basically the pc didnt want to boot so i had to keep trying till it worked. dont wanna go through all of that again

3 minutes ago, Lyrix_m said:

is there any other way to diagnose the memory without removing them? i dont want to remove them because i dont wanna risk having to re-enable xmp which was a pain the ass to get working on my memory basically the pc didnt want to boot so i had to keep trying till it worked. dont wanna go through all of that again

Hmm.. well if youre using msi board, you should have motherboard profiles. you could save your current setting, remove the ram sticks, and select the profile you save.

GTAV had articles explaining it can break above 160-180FPS ranges...depending on how it handles CPU threads...
I'd limit it to 120-144Hz/FPS Ranges...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SentiLoquent said:

Hmm.. well if youre using msi board, you should have motherboard profiles. you could save your current setting, remove the ram sticks, and select the profile you save.

yes yes i know but last time like i said it was a pain to get it working on xmp basically i set it on xmp it doesnt boot so i clear bios and put on xmp till it works. its a terrible process

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

GTAV is KNOWN to BREAK above 160-180FPS ranges...depending on how it handles CPU threads...
I'd limit it to 120-144Hz/FPS Ranges...

are you sure? so that means i shouldnt be worried about anything hardware related?

4 minutes ago, Lyrix_m said:

are you sure? so that means i shouldnt be worried about anything hardware related?

GTAV also doesn't exactly use all resources of multicore CPU's,..and you are TRYING to push obscene FPS (for an open world) and the game engine code (Engine Threading/Pipelines) might not be able to catch up with all the world game update frequencies..at 160-180FPS for all the objects in game or however the game was codes to handle its world.

HigherFPS = Higher CPU/RAM/Subsystems (Game Engine) Demand above typical framerates

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz