My PSU is starting to die after 6 months.

NICULL
35 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's insane.  MSRP for CV650 is $69.99.  Someone is making some SERIOUS coin selling it for $100 (I'm assuming you're doing the currency conversion).  That should be criminal.

Probably has something to do with import taxes, shipping costs and corruption surrounding all that. In my country you wouldn't even find any Corsair PSU, there are some okay stuff from Chieftec and Cougar but they're overpriced for at least 50%, often way past 100$ mark, so people with 100$ budget for a PSU which is already a stretch would only get some garbage like Aerocool KCAS, Thermaltake Smart or whatever there are from Huntkey, Gamdias, Gamemax etc.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

49 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's insane.  MSRP for CV650 is $69.99.  Someone is making some SERIOUS coin selling it for $100 (I'm assuming you're doing the currency conversion).  That should be criminal.

The retailers' point of view : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

All jokes aside, I wonder why Corsair doesn't have more "regional" branches, especially in South America and Africa.
If the company had just a single "official" shop per "major/important" country and sold stuff at MSRP, the pricing would be so competitive (compared to what retailers are asking for) that even if they were to bring in entire containers of hardware, they would still run out of stock very quickly, and would completely dominate the market.

And that's not just PSUs : for example, a single SP140 RGB fan costs $90 here 😞

Is it really not profitable to have franchisees open shops for the mother company in such countries?

1 minute ago, Juular said:

Probably has something to do with import taxes and or shipping costs. In my country you wouldn't even find any Corsair PSU, there are some okay stuff from Chieftec and Cougar but they're overpriced for at least 50%, often way past 100$ mark, so people with 100$ budget for a PSU which is already a stretch would only get some garbage like Aerocool KCAS, Thermaltake Smart or whatever there are from Huntkey, Gamdias, Gamemax etc.

In your country, yeah probably?
Here? Nah, I'm pretty sure they do that to maximize profits.

I don't think it's because of import taxes (here that's 2.5% iirc), and that's not shipping costs, because the lightweight and small stuff is also crazy overpriced (fans, peripherals, RAM, etc.)

Maybe I'm missing something, but had it been import taxes and shipping costs, samsung phones wouldn't sell here* for lower prices than what you can find in the UE and the US

*brand new, with special packaging made for my specific country

2 hours ago, electropical said:

I wonder why Corsair doesn't have more "regional" branches, especially in South America and Africa.

That infrastructure costs a lot of money.  You have to sell A LOT of units in that region to break even.