Overclocking Ryzen 5 3600.

Hello! I have r5 3600 and want to adjust it so the best performance could be achieved. I currently use a 1650 so I don't need the full power of the CPU and want to downclock it a bit to get better temps. Now I'm at 4,025 ghz @ 1.15v. What is the maximum ghz I can use with 1v (or if you have a suggestion, please feel free to inform me)? I'm currently sitting at 36*C idle and 60*C max.

Every cpu is different so you would have to figure that out yourself by trial and error. 60 degrees c is a very low temp and I probably wouldn't be bothered with trying to lower it. I mean just because your cpu runs at a slower clock that doesn't mean you would get a lower temp as your cpu fan might just not ramp up as much. Typically fan curves are there to try and put your cpu at a decent temp but it wont work harder than it has to. I mean is your cpu at max fan rpm when you are a full load?

28 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Every cpu is different so you would have to figure that out yourself by trial and error. 60 degrees c is a very low temp and I probably wouldn't be bothered with trying to lower it. I mean just because your cpu runs at a slower clock that doesn't mean you would get a lower temp as your cpu fan might just not ramp up as much. Typically fan curves are there to try and put your cpu at a decent temp but it wont work harder than it has to. I mean is your cpu at max fan rpm when you are a full load?

I know that 60 degrees is very good. The thing is that I'm: 

1. Trying to get it lower without losing that much power.

2. Trying to get the best out of this little CPU.

The problem is that I don't know how to express myself, so people can understand my intends. I have seen that downclocking doesn't use that much power and it results in lower temps. My fans are at normal speed and don't wanna go much higher because there is no need. CPU's fan isn't at max rpm (I saved a bit and kept the stock cooler but with MX-2) and it still has some breathing room if I decide to ramp up the clock speed even more.

but in my experience this gpu will not be able to keep up with this cpu, so why choke it even more?

unless this isnt gaming related, then keep going. : P

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer