DualSense controller not charging anymore (PC only)

JcGross

I got a dualSense until I get my PS5, and it's good to use with my PC setup because of it's wireless connection. Anyway, it was working fine, I was charging it on my phone charger and it puled with an orange light to show it's charging. Now, it's not doing that anymore. It's battery is almost completely dead, it can connect to the PC but then disconnects instantly. When I connect the controller to the charger it flashes orange once and then nothing. The charger is not warm, the battery is still dead. I don't know what's going on, why it started doing this. What I tried:

- I tried an other cable, doesn't work with that (besides, my phone charges fine)

- tried a different charger, doesn't work (chargers work fine with other devices)

- tried resetting the controller but I either did it wrong or it doesn't help

- tried charging through PC's usb but does the same. It just doesn't want to charge, like it's fully charged. But it's not...

What is causing this? I wish I could update the firmware on the controller, but I found no way of doing that without an actual PS5. This is very annoying! Anyone has any ideas?

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

I experienced this with a dualshock 4, it turned out that it had some software/firmware lock that it would only charge from the USB on a PS4. I tried like 5 different chargers and cables and it would only accept charging from the console....

2 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

I experienced this with a dualshock 4, it turned out that it had some software/firmware lock that it would only charge from the USB on a PS4. I tried like 5 different chargers and cables and it would only accept charging from the console....

But that makes no sense. It was working fine up till now, why would it suddenly decide it needs a PS5? As I said, it has no way of updating itself, so nothing in it should have changed.

I thought I would get my ps5 by now... At least I could test with that.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

• 7 months later...
On 6/12/2021 at 3:13 PM, JcGross said:

But that makes no sense. It was working fine up till now, why would it suddenly decide it needs a PS5? As I said, it has no way of updating itself, so nothing in it should have changed.

I thought I would get my ps5 by now... At least I could test with that.

Same problem here, what did you do to fix it?