Gaming monitors - $1,100+ budget

Comedy Man 44

Hi everyone,

My work recently gave us $1,100 to spend on equipment (laptop/desktop/monitors [up to 2], keyboard, mouse, etc.). I have a new desktop that I put together (thanks to this forum).

I am looking to spend the entire $1,100 on new monitors. I currently have an ASUS 24in (1080p) and a Samsung 27inch (1080p). I am looking to get two 4-K (could also be 2-K) gaming monitors to replace (24-27inch). I see the price ranges pretty significantly so I am looking for advice on what you guys would do in this position. 

Here are some extra details:

-I can spend more than $1,100 (just won't be reimbursed - willing to spend an extra $250 out of pocket if it's really worth it).

-I'm not sure "gaming" can show up in the receipt, but it's possible it won't be an issue... Any recs that aren't "gaming" but have the same capability are highly welcomed! 

Thank you

Option#1:   Acer XV273K Pbmiipphzx 27.0" 3840x2160 144 Hz Monitor (XV273K Pbmiipphzx) 

Option#2:  Monoprice 127772 32.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor (127772)

One is 144hz and the other is 60Hz  both are IPS with one 1ms and the other 2ms G2G response time. one has 450 nits brightness and the other option#2 has 250 nits.

But before you buy, see reviews of both.

6 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Option#1:   Acer XV273K Pbmiipphzx 27.0" 3840x2160 144 Hz Monitor (XV273K Pbmiipphzx) 

One is 144hz and the other is 60Hz  both are IPS with one 1ms and the other 2ms G2G response time. one has 450 nits brightness and the other option#2 has 250 nits.

both not exactly hot thing imo. 4K144hz got a super hardcore early buyer tax and 2K144 is really quickly go down in price and still offer the same clarity, while monoprice can be plagued with a lot of ghosting issues.

For OPs budget he can get himself 2 LG 27GN750-B for 700$, and spend the rest elsewhere where OP can enhance their gaming experience.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

29 minutes ago, Comedy Man 44 said:

Hi everyone,

My work recently gave us $1,100 to spend on equipment (laptop/desktop/monitors [up to 2], keyboard, mouse, etc.). I have a new desktop that I put together (thanks to this forum).

I am looking to spend the entire $1,100 on new monitors. I currently have an ASUS 24in (1080p) and a Samsung 27inch (1080p). I am looking to get two 4-K (could also be 2-K) gaming monitors to replace (24-27inch). I see the price ranges pretty significantly so I am looking for advice on what you guys would do in this position. 

Here are some extra details:

-I can spend more than $1,100 (just won't be reimbursed - willing to spend an extra $250 out of pocket if it's really worth it).

-I'm not sure "gaming" can show up in the receipt, but it's possible it won't be an issue... Any recs that aren't "gaming" but have the same capability are highly welcomed! 

Thank you

What is your priority gaming or work?

What kind of laptop/pc specs do you have,and what kind of games do you play?

1 minute ago, AzzaNezz said:

What is your priority gaming or work?

What kind of laptop/pc specs do you have,and what kind of games do you play?

Will be working majority of the week, gaming on weekend. My work doesn't require any kind of special technology, just a basic monitor, however if there is tech in any monitors that helps with eye fatigue that would be helpful as I work for 12+ hours a day on this computer - basically looking at my screen the entire day. 

Current spec of computer is Ryzon 3700x, 2070 super, 16GB ram, SSD, etc. I already have a Corsair gaming keyboard and Razer mouse. 

Games: Battlefield / warzone / total war 

I also of course watch movies / Netflix on this too.  

21 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Thank you, I am interested in the Acer one but I am seeing a lot of negative comments regarding blacklight bleed.. I'm just looking at the Amazon comments. Is there a proper site to see official reviews? Seems concerning but a majority of the comments on Amazon are positive so not sure if this is a serious issue

1 minute ago, Comedy Man 44 said:

Thank you, I am interested in the Acer one but I am seeing a lot of negative comments regarding blacklight bleed.. I'm just looking at the Amazon comments. Is there a proper site to see official reviews? Seems concerning but a majority of the comments on Amazon are positive so not sure if this is a serious issue

If you can, i will suggest, LG 27-inch UltraGear™ 4K G-SYNC® Gaming Monitor | LG USA to buy, its good at everything, just look at the specs of this beast.

If you cant buy it, then buy its little brother LG 27GL850 27'' UltraGear™️ IPS 1ms Gaming Monitor with G-Sync®️ Compatibility | LG USA   or if you can buy this, LG 32'' UltraGear QHD Nano IPS 1ms 165Hz HDR Monitor with G-SYNC® Compatibility (32GP850-B) | LG USA

A 2070 super is a nice card, but you would really struggle to game at 4k high settings in most triple AAA titles, and achieve gsync range.

You could probably pull it off with some games, and have playable fps, but I think 2k would be a better experience overall.

You have a nice budget, with a lot of options at that price point.

This is a nice place to get recommendations and check out in depth reviews;

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/1440p-gaming-monitors

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

1 hour ago, Comedy Man 44 said:

Will be working majority of the week, gaming on weekend. My work doesn't require any kind of special technology, just a basic monitor, however if there is tech in any monitors that helps with eye fatigue that would be helpful as I work for 12+ hours a day on this computer - basically looking at my screen the entire day. 

Current spec of computer is Ryzon 3700x, 2070 super, 16GB ram, SSD, etc. I already have a Corsair gaming keyboard and Razer mouse. 

Games: Battlefield / warzone / total war 

I also of course watch movies / Netflix on this too.  

My advice would be buy 2 different monitors.For work depending on what do you do,and how much real estate you need i would buy something like 4k  60hz (you dont need to waste money on more unless you need it work related) 27-32'' display.Text should be clearer,so easier on the eyes,and you can enable blue light which helps honestly,i have my set on 30-40%.

For gaming 1080p or 1440p 144 hz monitor.

You pc specs are nice,but playing warzone on 4k would give you rather low fps,where for FPS kind of games,you need that precious fps.Most of the warzone pros for instance play on 1080p 240 hz monitors.

If to you more is important visual part,then go with some 1440p 144 hz monitor.

You can find good monitor for gaming for 300-500dollars,and work monitor for same or a bit less amount of money.