{Battlefield 4} Naval Strike maps

Paralectic

Yesterday I've decided to give the new Naval Strike maps a try on Conquest Large and it turns out to be really good ( the maps, not the new game modes )

The maps are really different in design and the way you have to play requires some thinking and tricks to be effective in these maps.

If you've tried them yet? What's your  opinion on the new maps?

naval_strike_heli.jpg?v=1386624694440rc2

The maps are quite awesome and I do agree that they ate significantly different. The only thing that I have noticed that is bad is thata there is a bit of stuttering on 64 player servers which hopefully is going to be adressed soon. Also the new game mode is pretty cool although it basically just feels like a hybrid of conquest and rush once you get onto the ship. The new weapons are pretty good to especially the AR160 Overall a decent DLC.

Sorry but I am not going to pay $50 extra only to get a premium pass. DLCs are stupid and especially in EA's games. Really tired of buying incomplete games. Thanks EA for ruining games, thanks a lot for ruining great games like Ms3 and Dead space 3 . 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Sorry but I am not going to pay $50 extra only to get a premium pass. DLCs are stupid and especially in EA's games. Really tired of buying incomplete games. Thanks EA for ruining games, thanks a lot for ruining great games like Ms3 and Dead space 3 . 

it keeps the game fresh even if you have to pay a little extra jeesus the hate T_T

it keeps the game fresh even if you have to pay a little extra jeesus the hate T_T

Sorry, but I am over EA releasing broken, incomplete and very VERY poorly optimized games on every single platform and ruining series. 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:

Loving Carrier Assault. Played a lot of Titan mode in BF 2142, so I'm really happy they re-introduced the concept. 

I thought Dead Space 3 was great. In-game transactions were pretty much useless in that game anyway. 

Where did the horror part go? 

COOLING:

No one forces you to, I paid the base price to get BF4 and Premium and it's one of the games I do enjoy the most playing honestly.

All the ongoing Battlefield 4 bashing becomes annoying I mean like, you can buy an inexpensive car for 10.000 and an expensive one for 150.000: No one forces you to purchase anything if you don't like it but just don't complain all-day that it's overpriced.

And the netcode isn't broken to me, didn't encounter any situation where the netcode f*cked me over. I do enjoy playing Battlefield 4 now.

The game isn't incomplete, its EXTRA content, the base game still works without the extra maps and weapons, nobody is making you buy it, I agree with you to some degree, I would just rather buy the game and get everything at once

But paid DLC is fine, paying for extra maps/game modes whatever are fine IMO, 

the problem I have is when you have to pay to "unlock" content that came with the base game, day 1 DLC, like you buy a game and you cant play as a sniper without paying an extra £15 on day one, or the game comes with 10 maps but you can only play 5 unless you pay more- this is bullshit! and I hate when it happens

anyway

I think its decent, the new weapons and vehicles are great (OMG HOVERCRAFT) and the maps are insanely beautiful, like, really gorgeous. The carrier assault mode is interesting but nowhere near as good as it was in 2142, the titan mode in that game was AWESOME, especially escaping the exploding titan at the end and parachuting down to safety - i wish they would reintroduce escaping, even if its just 30 seconds while it blows up around you as you jump out the door into the sea, or get to the helipad and fly off.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well first o all, all the maps are awesome, but most people's intelect arent expected to be as versatile or valuable.

The new game is the real BF and CQL is less good then that new thing.

Also, I enjoyed the lack of noobs on the servers I landed most of the time.

actually, there were noobs.with the ammo box dropping rate took atleast 20 supports to ressuply my rampage.

For once I can say they did ok without hiring me.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

no need to be sorry,

sorry for telling you this.

its just ridiculous.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

well on the flip side, if you're a bargain hunter like me then simply don't buy it for that price the game released at $60 + $50 for premium an i'm gonna pay less than 60 combined for it. So there's that

Loves PC Games :D

The purchase of the DLC's is not mandatory for that matter neither is buying BF4 or any other game. Your comment however does not answer nor try to answer the OP's questions, to quote the questions, "If you've tried them yet? What's your  opinion on the new maps?"

Question 1: So as you are not willing to purchase the DLC's you most probably have not tried the Naval Strike maps (barring a friend or relative having the game).

Question 2: Your opinion is moot pending the answer of the first question.

Now I have bought the game, and the DLC's. I like Battlefield, and spend money on things I like. Yes it has bugs, and is somewhat broken, there is no denying that and you are allowed to not purchase the game on that basis. Neither am I saying your view of EA is wrong or DLC's for that matter as it is all personal choice. It does not however belong in this topic, in my opinion.

I have had only a short time to try out the maps but I like them and the gamemode is perfect for my play style, I like both conquest and rush so... Why not both! The maps really are quite different from the others and yeah it does need a bit more of a strategic and forethought play to be successful, I found I got shot in the back a lot while trying to cover areas so the flanking opportunities are pretty good.

I will be playing the heck out of them this weekend.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

The purchase of the DLC's is not mandatory for that matter neither is buying BF4 or any other game. Your comment however does not answer nor try to answer the OP's questions, to quote the questions, "If you've tried them yet? What's your  opinion on the new maps?"

Question 1: So as you are not willing to purchase the DLC's you most probably have not tried the Naval Strike maps (barring a friend or relative having the game).

Question 2: Your opinion is moot pending the answer of the first question.

Now I have bought the game, and the DLC's. I like Battlefield, and spend money on things I like. Yes it has bugs, and is somewhat broken, there is no denying that and you are allowed to not purchase the game on that basis. Neither am I saying your view of EA is wrong or DLC's for that matter as it is all personal choice. It does not however belong in this topic, in my opinion.

I have had only a short time to try out the maps but I like them and the gamemode is perfect for my play style, I like both conquest and rush so... Why not both! The maps really are quite different from the others and yeah it does need a bit more of a strategic and forethought play to be successful, I found I got shot in the back a lot while trying to cover areas so the flanking opportunities are pretty good.

I will be playing the heck out of them this weekend.

With the islands, water and alot of attack boats everywhere you've got a 360 degrees flanking angle so that's a challenge :P

And yeah on the DLC maps I find alot of high-leveled people ( Am lvl 88 myself ) and that makes it good because newbs aren't really playing in those.

Attack boats are nothing to my rocket launcher! They do however make it pretty easy for the enemy to quickly get behind you on the islands, the jetski is awesome for this. 

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Maps are good.

Carrier Assault is a pathetic have-assed attempt at copying Titan Mode just to sell the DLC.

Maps are great, love the fast paced crest flanking assault gameplay out on the islands.

Carrier assault is great. Commander mode is fun on the new maps. Maps themselves look fine except for the occasional stutter. AC130 OP. Some decent on-water action to be had. Everything is peachy except the SR338. That gun can go die in a fire alongside the AWS.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB