3D Printing error help

shinegull

I ahve an Ender 3 V2, with upgrade springs and BLTouch, the only changes I've made to gcode is in the printer settings and added a couple lines that says heat up print nozzle and bed, since I had some trouble with it heating up automatically on print start. I've also, as per the instructions from the bltouch, removed the z axis limiter, ( i'm starting to get a feeling that, thats a bad thing)

I have what I think are 2 problems.

The first one is filament feeding. Print can take hrs for me to finish. so sometimes I would like to start it before I leave for work and when I come back it would be done. except 1 of 2 things will happen if i do that. the first possiblity is that, the filament starts to become tight-ish. meaning it goes through a tight bend. the filament reel sits at the top on the left side of the print, how can i make it so that the reel will move enough so that print continues smoothly? it doenst quite kink up, but the bend affects it just enough that it seems like its having trouble pulling the filament in, causing the print to think its printing, and will then print on air. the second possiblity is that it just kinks up and causes the filament to make a corner. which is basically the first possiblity except that now its like i pinched the filament.

The second problem I'm having is with the bltouch and the z-offset. the printer and bltouch is supposed to do this thing, where the needle come out, hits the bed and the nozzle goes back up/ it does it again, and then, it goes through the normal printing procedure. nozzle moves to the left of the bed, prints 2 lines along the y-axis, then prints the object. it seems to do that every print, which is fine. it helps gets rid of a bit of the filament that gets pushed out while nozzle is heating up. But sometimes, its like the bltouch just goes haywire. and gets deactivated. so now the nozzle just slams into the bed. as a result, its kinda bad for the bed and the x-axis gets slanted. my bed leveling gets completely thrown out of whack, and z-offset as well. My z-offset for some reason needs to be set as a negative. and it seems to require adjustment over time, it started as -3.74, then every couple of prints, it requires an adjustment. not its down to around somewhere -3.4 to -3.6. and the only way i know that i need to adjust it is if all of a sudden, the nozzle starts scratching at the bed on the first layer.

the printer is very nice, and prints beautifully when everything is good. but one wrong thing, and everything sucks. I expected to need to relevel this maybe every 10 prints, but its starting to seem like, i need to recheck it on every print or 2 instead.

i thought 3d printing certain things was supposed to make it easier for me to get certain items, not harder.

6 hours ago, shinegull said:

The first one is filament feeding. Print can take hrs for me to finish. so sometimes I would like to start it before I leave for work and when I come back it would be done. except 1 of 2 things will happen if i do that. the first possiblity is that, the filament starts to become tight-ish. meaning it goes through a tight bend. the filament reel sits at the top on the left side of the print, how can i make it so that the reel will move enough so that print continues smoothly? it doenst quite kink up, but the bend affects it just enough that it seems like its having trouble pulling the filament in, causing the print to think its printing, and will then print on air. the second possiblity is that it just kinks up and causes the filament to make a corner. which is basically the first possiblity except that now its like i pinched the filament.

A picture would help here. Are you sure the nozzle isn't clogged instead? Unless the spool gets really hard to turn I've never really had PLA or PLA-like rigid filaments have much trouble being fed into my extruder from exotic angles.

Can't comment on the BL touch as I've never used one. Manual leveling has served me well so far. You are still manually leveling first right? The auto leveling solutions are not a replacement for that.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

18 hours ago, tikker said:

A picture would help here. Are you sure the nozzle isn't clogged instead? Unless the spool gets really hard to turn I've never really had PLA or PLA-like rigid filaments have much trouble being fed into my extruder from exotic angles.

Can't comment on the BL touch as I've never used one. Manual leveling has served me well so far. You are still manually leveling first right? The auto leveling solutions are not a replacement for that.

i have always manually leveled first, then did the z offset. for me the priority is the z offset that always seem to require finetuning

47 minutes ago, shinegull said:

i have always manually leveled first, then did the z offset. for me the priority is the z offset that always seem to require finetuning

I' sorry, I gave up on the bltouch. it got worse as time went on. the more i tried to make it better the less it printed. i went back to only manually leveling it with the paper, and kept the stronger spring and gluestick. just started a print, and already it looks better.

3 hours ago, shinegull said:

I' sorry, I gave up on the bltouch. it got worse as time went on. the more i tried to make it better the less it printed. i went back to only manually leveling it with the paper, and kept the stronger spring and gluestick. just started a print, and already it looks better.

Yeah sometimes it can be good to go back to basics.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

23 minutes ago, tikker said:

Yeah sometimes it can be good to go back to basics.

yea, i was having a hard time getting larger prints before but the spring upgrade is quite possibly the best thing i could get. the bltouch is probably the worst upgrade for me, im going to see if i can return it. the gluestick also helped.