Note 9 USBC to HDMI with Power Delivery Supporting Quick Charge

dlevy129

Does anybody know of a USB C to HDMI with power delivery that can support quick charging for the note 9? Or is this a limitation the note 9 not accepting Quick Charge?

28 minutes ago, dlevy129 said:

Does anybody know of a USB C to HDMI with power delivery that can support quick charging for the note 9? Or is this a limitation the note 9 not accepting Quick Charge?

As far as I'm aware you can't deliver power over HDMI. 

What exactly are you trying to do?

There are USB C to HDMI adapter that you can use with the note 9 to go into Dex mode. They also make USB C to HDMI adapter that also have power delivery in that will charge your phone while you are using Dex mode. I currently have an adapter that does this but it charges slowly. Possibly Max 1 amp at 5 volts. Therefore I can't really play video unless I wanted to stay at the same percentage but if I'm just letting the phone sit looking at a web page it charges very slowly. I am trying to enable Quick Charge over this sad adapter. Is there an adapter that supports this or is this a limitation of the note 9 not allowing you to use Quick Charge while using HDMI mode? 

2 hours ago, Prometheus935 said:

As far as I'm aware you can't deliver power over HDMI. 

What exactly are you trying to do?

See above

24 minutes ago, dlevy129 said:

There are USB C to HDMI adapter that you can use with the note 9 to go into Dex mode. They also make USB C to HDMI adapter that also have power delivery in that will charge your phone while you are using Dex mode. I currently have an adapter that does this but it charges slowly. Possibly Max 1 amp at 5 volts. Therefore I can't really play video unless I wanted to stay at the same percentage but if I'm just letting the phone sit looking at a web page it charges very slowly. I am trying to enable Quick Charge over this sad adapter. Is there an adapter that supports this or is this a limitation of the note 9 not allowing you to use Quick Charge while using HDMI mode? 

Just google HDMI to usb c with charging and should be able to find one easily. Just look at what the power delivery rating is. The Note 9 only does 15 watts of charging but should still be enough for charging while using it.

16 minutes ago, Prometheus935 said:

Just google HDMI to usb c with charging and should be able to find one easily. Just look at what the power delivery rating is. The Note 9 only does 15 watts of charging but should still be enough for charging while using it.

Sorry but I think you're mistaken. The note 9 support Quick Charge 2.0 which I believe is 9V at 2 plus amps. Adapters with power delivery do not show Quick Charge ratings even though they supported for various laptops. The only rating that they give is 60 watts of charging power. So my question is have anybody with the note 9 tested this before I start testing myself. And more closely if I cannot get Quick Charge through the adapter is this a limitation of the note 9? As you should know device is rated with Quick Charge can use USB C universally relatively. I can charge my note 9 with quick charge with a laptop power brick with no problem.

1 hour ago, dlevy129 said:

Sorry but I think you're mistaken.

I think your mistaken. Quick charge 2.0 is just a fancy name for a standard of who much power a device can charge off of. 2.0 goes up to the 9V 2A (18W). the Note 9 itself only supports up to 15W. Going with an adaptor that supports up to 60W is more than enough for what the phone can handle.

I haven't tried it myself but I can't see any reason you would have any issues unless its a problem with the phone itself.

8 hours ago, Prometheus935 said:

I think your mistaken. Quick charge 2.0 is just a fancy name for a standard of who much power a device can charge off of. 2.0 goes up to the 9V 2A (18W). the Note 9 itself only supports up to 15W. Going with an adaptor that supports up to 60W is more than enough for what the phone can handle.

I haven't tried it myself but I can't see any reason you would have any issues unless its a problem with the phone itself.

So if you've never used docking mode nor Quick Charge with with Note 9. I wonder who has?