3070 Ti FE doesn't exist?

777GE90

Hello, I'm from the UK and nobody got a 3070 Ti FE today, -nobody- at all.

I am interested as to why nvidia would have a launch of their product and then supply 0 FE cards.  It wasted my day and I'm not sure if this situation is worldwide or only in the UK, but I am wondering if anyone knows more.  Can LMG investigate?

I personally booked a half day off work, have been waiting for a FE card from 1PM all the way up to 6PM and nothing.  5 hours of my life wasted for nvidia's BS paper launch.

38 minutes ago, 777GE90 said:

-nobody- at all.

I find this hard to believe.

You're telling me that of the almost 67 million people in the UK, a high-income nation that's a large market for computer components, zero people got the 3070 Ti?  I'd believe it if you said nobody you knew got a card, but come on, your claim is hyperbolic.

This is the unfortunate reality of the current card situation. Limited supply, insane demand, lots of disappointed people for a long long time.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

This is not the usual complaint I am hearing. The one I am hearing is the ti cards are only a few percent better than the non Ti cards.  A 370ti is apparently barely distinguishable from a 3070 in operation. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, CT854 said:

You're telling me that of the almost 67 million people in the UK, a high-income nation that's a large market for computer components, zero people got the 3070 Ti?  I'd believe it if you said nobody you knew got a card, but come on, your claim is hyperbolic.

This is the unfortunate reality of the current card situation. Limited supply, insane demand, lots of disappointed people for a long long time.

He wanted a Founder’s Edition 3070ti ‘s what the FE stands for.  FE cards are usually a bit better than the other ones.  The problem here I think is with a barely 3% uptick for the ti vs. straight card there wouldn’t be any room for “a bit more”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

He wanted a Founder’s Edition 3070ti ‘s what the FE stands for.  FE cards are usually a bit better than the other ones.  The problem here I think is with a barely 3% uptick for the ti vs. straight card there wouldn’t be any room for “a bit more”

lel

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

But either way, I still find this a bit hard to believe. Is it precedented that the UK just... doesn't get the FE, like, at all? I still don't buy it.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

1 minute ago, CT854 said:

lel

But either way, I still find this a bit hard to believe. Is it precedented that the UK just... doesn't get the FE, like, at all? I still don't buy it.

I don’t know if there was one or not but with such a tiny performance difference between the ti and the standard how could they have “a bit extra” to give the FE?

Not going to say no one got any, but as soon as it struck 2 I hit f5 and it was out of stock

The launch of the 3070 Ti FE card was an absolute failure. Unlike the 3080 Ti FE, Best Buy gave zero information regarding its launch. The only info you could get were inconsistent claims made by Best Buy's outsourced call centers and online chat. I saw reps give a countless number of these baseless claims regarding when the cards would go online (they obviously had no briefing on the launch).

Around 4:15 PM EST, the US Best Buy 3070 Ti page immediately flashed from "Coming Soon" to "Sold Out". This was after thousands of us had been waiting since 9am for a drop, and came at no warning. I was in a call with a bunch of people in DataLover's Discord server - dozens of people were able to queue up for 3080 FEs, 3060tis, and 3070s. Not a single person was even able to queue up for the 3070 Ti. On /r/nvidia's 3070ti megathread, people are still confirming this.

Take this as you will, but one Best Buy rep was cited as saying

"I talked to Ramiro this morning from the digital warehouse team and he said there was a delay from NVIDIA while dropping the units on our warehouse and that’s the reason why it hasn’t been released on the site. But he now confirmed to us that NVIDIA didn't release the units they promised to us for today so that's the reason why our website team changed the item status to "Sold Out".

And anecdotally, one person on Reddit who spoke to an Nvidia rep said that Nvidia plans to issue some sort of statement within 24 to 48 hours.

I am positive that no 3070 Ti FE cards were sold to bots or otherwise. There are no eBay listings for the cards, and everyone I have seen agrees that the card instantly flashed to sold out. And if a US retailer had problems getting them in, there's no shot a UK retailer would either.

EDIT:  One user of a site monitor on Reddit here also confirms there was one second between the card flashing coming soon to out of stock.

8 hours ago, CT854 said:

lel

Ye sorry to clarify, that's exactly what happened.  We did not get a FE card drop at all, that's why everyone is confused.  They dropped a very limited number of AIB cards and that's it.  Many thousands were waiting for the FE card to drop and it didn't happened.  I even called the retailer Scan (they are the retailer in the UK like BestBuy responsible for handling the FE cards) and they confirmed that nvidia decided not to sell any today and that they don't know why.

How tf is nvidia going to do a release day and give 0 FE cards to the UK (and possible rest of the world???).  Wasting so many peoples time, I didn't even try to look for AIB cards, I was that certain I would go for an FE one, little did I know I wasted my time....

EDIT: I also find it highly suspicious that BestBuy would change their sales from in store to online for the 3070 Ti, is it because they are trying to pretend it sold out quickly to hide the fact they have no stock of the FE cards?  I'm not sure what the situation with BestBuy is since I live in the UK but that's my conspiracy theory lol :P.

8 hours ago, CT854 said:

It's not lol.  That is the case based on the facts of the matter.  Also, I didn't say nobody got a 3070 Ti, I know people have got 3070 Ti's in the UK, I'm talking about the 3070 Ti FE card, 0 were sold yesterday.

That's interesting as I was looking to get one for my rig. I'm also in the UK

With all the other FE cards 3080,3070 it didn't just jump from coming soon to out of stock. there was a bit where you could at least get from the Nvidia site to the Scan site

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro