Whats happening to my PC 馃槦

ankit96barthwal

Hey Guys,

There's some weird problem with my gaming pc. Below are the specs

i5 6400

Gtx 1060-6Gb

16gb hyperx RAM

1TB Seagate HDD

There's some weired static display I see since past few days. pc opens up in desktop works for a while then there's a constant turquoise blue screen, Pink or GREEN with no error codes and then the PC restarts itself. Now after restarting after the windows logo it goes back to same constant screen or a static screen sometimes and then the restart cycle continues.

Ram cleaned and reseated, gpu reseated and dust removed, pc dust removed, tried gpu on another slot, processor thermal paste changed etc. But nothing seems to work. After this servicing from my local pc technician, it worked for an hour or two then it started going mad again.

Pc seems to be working fine when running via integrated graphics though haven't run it for extended period of time.

Any idea what could have caused this. Attaching a sample screenshot of the pc screen for reference.

Any help is appreciated. Made the PC in 2015.

IMG-20210610-WA0011.jpeg

If it can run off the integrated fine, i'd happily say that its a GPU issue. Has anything happened to the gpu recently?聽

Not sure if itll help, though id recommend updating the bios, using the APU, and new Gpu drivers

40 minutes ago, ankit96barthwal said:

Pc seems to be working fine when running via integrated graphics

Yeah, that either means the video port on the GPU is dirty or your GPU is toast. Which port are you using?

Press quote聽to get a response聽from someone! | Check people's edited posts!聽|聽Be specific!聽| Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

41 minutes ago, Johnston said:

If it can run off the integrated fine, i'd happily say that its a GPU issue. Has anything happened to the gpu recently?聽

Not sure if itll help, though id recommend updating the bios, using the APU, and new Gpu drivers

This happened all of a sudden yesterday. Before that the PC was running absolutely fine.

11 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Yeah, that either means the video port on the GPU is dirty or your GPU is toast. Which port are you using?

Everything's cleaned not sure if the Video Port is an issue though I haven't tried running it via a different pair of cables like VGA or DVI

6 minutes ago, ankit96barthwal said:

This happened all of a sudden yesterday. Before that the PC was running absolutely fine.

id still recommend updating BIOS聽and drivers through the APU, it might just be that a聽vital file might have become corrupt, an聽update would tend to fix something like that

5 minutes ago, Johnston said:

id still recommend updating BIOS聽and drivers through the APU, it might just be that a聽vital file might have become corrupt, an聽update would tend to fix something like that

BIOS drivers through APU? APU is for AMD processors if I'm not wrong. I have an intel i5 6400 processor. How do I do it for my intel pc?

49 minutes ago, ankit96barthwal said:

BIOS drivers through APU? APU is for AMD processors if I'm not wrong. I have an intel i5 6400 processor. How do I do it for my intel pc?

APU & iGPU are the same thing, at a hardware level... who call theirs what isn't the issue.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!