Best optical mouse around 60 bucks?

Nicolas

Yeah as the title says I'm looking for an optical mouse around 60 bucks, I'm thinking about getting the g602, the thing is I'm not sure about wireless since I always say that wired is better because it's lighter and you don't have to deal with charging the battery and such, so I'm not sure about the g602, so I want more options, preferably wired, but I could take a wireless that you can use plugged in like the g700s

EDIT: May I add that I want to have at least 3 thumb buttons for my key binds in cs, but I can probably do without them

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

G400s, Razer deathadder, Steelseries Rival are my usual recommendations. Buy whichever looks the most comfortable to you.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Yeah as the title says I'm looking for an optical mouse around 60 bucks, I'm thinking about getting the g602, the thing is I'm not sure about wireless since I always say that wired is better because it's lighter and you don't have to deal with charging the battery and such, so I'm not sure about the g602, so I want more options, preferably wired, but I could take a wireless that you can use plugged in like the g700s

Go with g602. No battery recharging, uses AA, and lasts forever. You can choose the weight by putting in 1 battery or 2. I have a 602 and i LOVE it. Many reasons for my love. MAterials used, feel, shape, button amount, buttopn placement, sturdyness, everything.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Go with g602. No battery recharging, uses AA, and lasts forever. You can choose the weight by putting in 1 battery or 2. I have a 602 and i LOVE it. Many reasons for my love. MAterials used, feel, shape, button amount, buttopn placement, sturdyness, everything.

Yes, I got the mouse on sale to upgrade my G400s, and I haven't changed the batteries in a month, and it still has over half of the battery left. This is one of the best wireless mice you can get!

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Palm or claw grip?

claw

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Yes, I got the mouse on sale to upgrade my G400s, and I haven't changed the batteries in a month, and it still has over half of the battery left. This is one of the best wireless mice you can get!

Mine is 2 months i think and has 3/5 left still

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I know all those things I'm this close to buying it, but it's just the wirelessness that's still getting me a bit, is there any latency at all with it?

claw

oh, hmm then for claw im not sure id recomend the g602, not really clawy.

But im not sure, somone witha claw grip confirm this.

I know all those things I'm this close to buying it, but it's just the wirelessness that's still getting me a bit, is there any latency at all with it?

Not that i notice.

I use the claw grip and the SteelSeries Kana (which I use) is perfect. Sensei the higher tier Kana.

I don't think I'd have a problem with it, I got big hands and I kinda claw grip with big mice, I used a g500 that I borrowed from my sister's BF for a while, and I claw gripped it, so that is not really an issue for me

I use the claw grip and the SteelSeries Kana (which I use) is perfect. Sensei the higher tier Kana.

That one looks pretty cool

You can't really claw grip a large mouse like that with all the buttons on the side in my opinion. Actually it looks like I can claw it, and works fine. Just seems more natrual to palm it though.

Latency? It has a 500 refresh transfer rate (or whatever its called), compared to something like 125 of a normal mouse. This is just as good as any wired mouse, and has very little lag (no difference to my G400S). Logitech has perfected its wireless electronics, and I assure you this would be a good buy. And if all else fails, you could just return it.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

M45

This.  I just picked up a M65 and returned but it's definitely perfect for claw grip and the M45 is a good optical mouse.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

You can't really claw grip a large mouse like that with all the buttons on the side in my opinion. Actually it looks like I can claw it, and works fine. Just seems more natrual to palm it though.

Latency? It has a 500 refresh transfer rate (or whatever its called), compared to something like 125 of a normal mouse. This is just as good as any wired mouse, and has very little lag (no difference to my G400S). Logitech has perfected its wireless electronics, and I assure you this would be a good buy. And if all else fails, you could just return it.

It really does seem more natural to palm it, but the way I rest my arm on the desk I can just claw grip pretty much anything, now I'm between the g602 and and the sensei, I like the g602 because of all the buttons because I use thumb buttons probably more than I should lol, but the sensei looks pretty solid, so idk I'll give it some thought I guess

EDIT: Also I've been told that the g602 has like an battery saving-mode, how does that work? as in what does it do to the performance of the mouse and how much does it extend the battery life?

i really wana get the g602 but i just want to ask: did you notice any interference problems w the mouse? because my sony wireless headset has a shit ton of interference w my router. is it the same w these wireless mice

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

It really does seem more natural to palm it, but the way I rest my arm on the desk I can just claw grip pretty much anything, now I'm between the g602 and and the sensei, I like the g602 because of all the buttons because I use thumb buttons probably more than I should lol, but the sensei looks pretty solid, so idk I'll give it some thought I guess

EDIT: Also I've been told that the g602 has like an battery saving-mode, how does that work? as in what does it do to the performance of the mouse and how much does it extend the battery life?

in endurance mode it switches from 500hz to 125hz polling rate meaning it can last up to 1440 hours of use. whereas in gaming mode w 500hz it lasts up to 250 hours of use

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

i really wana get the g602 but i just want to ask: did you notice any interference problems w the mouse? because my sony wireless headset has a shit ton of interference w my router. is it the same w these wireless mice

I didnt.

You specify optical, so I'm going to ask why you want an optical mouse specifically?

I wouldn't recommend the Rival.

Picked one up at the weekend as my Xai's buttons were becoming too easy to double press.

I find the Rival is pretty heavy and find it to be a really uncomfortable shape at various angles compared to my old ambidextrous and lightweight Xai.  It pinches the skin on my palm and fingers and doesn't sit that flush on the gaming surface I use.  The ribber grips on the side of the mouse are effective, but I personally find distracting and uncomfortable after a long period of use.  The LED's can become very bright and distracting but these can be controlled via software (no way to change on the fly on the device itself other than the CPI).  The software is pretty adequate and does the job, but it's an extra footprint on memory.

The mouse is at least smooth and pinpoint accurate, but I wish I was simply able to buy another Xai.  The Sensei has a nasty-ass god-awful chrome look that will wear away and look dirty and is a laser mouse anyway. 

The Kana might be a good choice for you though. Or the Corsair M45.

(Steelseries are less and less impressive to me these days.  Bring back the 6GV2 and my Xai philosophy :( Not this Logitech pish.)

I would also recommend the Corsair M45. Excellent for clawing and comes with a great optical sensor. You might also want to consider CM Storm Spawn, although there are rumors of a new version.

I didnt.

cool! i hope there is none because i might get one tomorrow

Specs of my PC: