Simply Irresistible (1999) Bluray mark up percent is worse than GPUs

Why is the bluray of the movie Simply Irresistible (1999) over $100-$200?  i think the scalped marked up prices is even worse the GPUs, lol.  i'm always (and slowly finding time) to back up all of my old Blurays along with my new ones i get, but one i have kept my eye one is Simply Irresistible.  i have the DVD, but didn't realize when i got it (long ago), that it's the Full Frame version of it and that sucks when i want the full picture of widescreen.  i've always kept a look out for the bluray, but it's never in stock anywhere and the ones being sold are marked up to insane prices.  i don't know if the rights are up in limbo between some companies fighting over who gets it or what.  It hasn't been in stock in any stores for years.  Kind of like i've been waiting for a remastered version of all 10 season of SG-1 to be made and not the ported over blurays they just released. Well, at least they finally put something out on bluray now.  Maybe Amazon will do something with it since they just bought the studio that owns SG-1.

Well, back on topic, i want the bluray in my collection, but after looking for it for years now, i'm about ready to just download it.  i just don't know where to get stuff like that .... any hints as to where someone could theoretically could somehow finds things that are up in limbo like this .... and also, the reason i like having the Blurays, is so i can back them up in high quality and most importantly (for me) to pass thru the audio tracks in full HD formats in my back ups.  So, any ideas, thoughts, places, that doesn't involve me paying a couple hundred bucks for an old movie? 

It's common that this happens with more limited bluray releases. It's one of the reasons bluray piracy has always been extremely high as to just play a bluray you need a very specific set of compatible equipment so it doesn't go and give you a non compatible drm thing which can happen for any and all reasons.

17 hours ago, Kairos Zenith said:

Kind of like i've been waiting for a remastered version of all 10 season of SG-1 to be made and not the ported over blurays they just released. Well, at least they finally put something out on bluray now.  Maybe Amazon will do something with it since they just bought the studio that owns SG-1.

Stargate for the Win. Sadly its just one of those things. They dont provide affordable ways to buy stuff then the ass holes at the studios wonder why everyone pirates. I know Stargate is on Netflix, so if you want to watch that is a good legit way to do it. 

17 hours ago, Kairos Zenith said:

over $100-$200? 

Thats normal for TV shows. It has always been that way. https://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Collection-Three-Atlantis-Universe/dp/B08T6P2B6J/ref=tmm_blu_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1623111741&sr=8-4 $199 blurry with ALL State gate Series. I think thats kinda a deal. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 8:23 PM, Donut417 said:

Stargate for the Win. Sadly its just one of those things. They dont provide affordable ways to buy stuff then the ass holes at the studios wonder why everyone pirates. I know Stargate is on Netflix, so if you want to watch that is a good legit way to do it. 

Thats normal for TV shows. It has always been that way. https://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Collection-Three-Atlantis-Universe/dp/B08T6P2B6J/ref=tmm_blu_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1623111741&sr=8-4 $199 blurry with ALL State gate Series. I think thats kinda a deal. 

i've seen all the Stargate movies and TV shows.  i just want to own them on high def bluray.  They have all but SG-1 officially out on Bluray.  They finally came out with SG-1 on bluray this year (i think), but it's not a true high definition blurays. When they started SG-1 long ago, they didn't put it on TV in high def, even though they started off on Showtime (i think) and then moved over to SyFy.  Even though the picture quality and special effects were high quality, they didn't do hi def until season 8 (i believe). 

The stargate community thinks they just ported the "HD" version they had upscaled for online streaming unto the bluray they just released for SG-1.  In order for us to get a true HD version, they have to go back through the first 7 seasons and remaster them from the film to HD format.  That's probably something that's way too expensive to do so many seasons and for a show that's been in limbo since the studio went bankrupt several years back and haven't did much with their back burner shows/movies.  Now that Amazon finally bought MGM, maybe we'll finally get to see more stargate content come back out.  That'll be awesome!  i just hope they don't mess it or James Bond up. 

On 6/8/2021 at 2:23 AM, Donut417 said:

Thats normal for TV shows.

Yes, but Simply Irresistible is not a TV show, it's a 96 minute movie, where you pay over $1 a minute, sometimes even $2, it it's sold at $200. SG-1 is 9372 minutes total, nearly 100x the content. Not to mention the multiple discs (material, copyright fees).

4 hours ago, VoidX said:

Yes, but Simply Irresistible is not a TV show, it's a 96 minute movie, where you pay over $1 a minute, sometimes even $2, it it's sold at $200. SG-1 is 9372 minutes total, nearly 100x the content. Not to mention the multiple discs (material, copyright fees).

Not that I want to encourage Piracy, but what did the Person who decided to set the Price that High, thinking?

That is begging Us to go ahead and Pirate the Blu-Ray Title. Not that I would mind you, but just saying...

4 hours ago, VoidX said:

We can argue that x content is only worth x amount. But its the copy right holder OR the distributor who sets the price. Its just how it is. I mean you can say the system is broken which it is, but the market sets the price of goods. If they person selling the Goods can get X amount for it, then they set the price there. 

5 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

but what did the Person who decided to set the Price that High, thinking?

The market sets the price. In a lot of places you might be limited to who is allow to distribute the works. Because they have a monopoly on it, they can charge what ever they want. Part of the reason prices are ridiculous I would imagine is due to piracy. I mean they have to recover the revenue somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

That is begging Us to go ahead and Pirate the Blu-Ray Title. Not that I would mind you, but just saying.

While I agree. The more people pirate the more shittier DRM will get. Also with what happened to COX (Large cable internet provider) and the fact they got sued due to their customers pirating content. You could very well now loose internet for pirating stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

We can argue that x content is only worth x amount. But its the copy right holder OR the distributor who sets the price. Its just how it is. I mean you can say the system is broken which it is, but the market sets the price of goods. If they person selling the Goods can get X amount for it, then they set the price there. 

The market sets the price. In a lot of places you might be limited to who is allow to distribute the works. Because they have a monopoly on it, they can charge what ever they want. Part of the reason prices are ridiculous I would imagine is due to piracy. I mean they have to recover the revenue somewhere. 

While I agree. The more people pirate the more shittier DRM will get. Also with what happened to COX (Large cable internet provider) and the fact they got sued due to their customers pirating content. You could very well now loose internet for pirating stuff. 

The Vast Majority of People are not going pay $200 for a Movie. An entire Series perhaps.

Just now, whm1974 said:

The Vast Majority of People are not going pay $200 for a Movie. An entire Series perhaps.

If there is only 1 distributor and you really want the movie you will. I mean you can try piracy. But in the US thats 5 years in Federal Prison and or $500K in fines. OR the studio sues you in to poverty. OR you have your internet cut off. Seeing how many of us only have 1 internet provider to choose from, that can cause issues. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

If there is only 1 distributor and you really want the movie you will. I mean you can try piracy. But in the US thats 5 years in Federal Prison and or $500K in fines. OR the studio sues you in to poverty. OR you have your internet cut off. Seeing how many of us only have 1 internet provider to choose from, that can cause issues. 

Considering that there are Legal Movie Streaming Sites Folks can watch for free, why Pirate? Granted they are mostly older Titles and/or have to watch Ads.