New Dell G15 (AMD) / Strix Rog G15 G513QM HN064T

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a laptop for myself and my studies coming.  I've searched everywhere to find a laptop that would fit my budget and I came up with those two laptops the :"Asus STRIX-G15-G513QM-HN064T" and the :"New Dell G15 Gaming (AMD)".

But I don't find so much information about those computers and even less about their screens. So I have a few questions :

1. I heard the dell screen had PWM, Is it really a big deal or no I heard there are software to dim the brightness without pwm.

2. About the Asus G15 G513QM HN064T I don't find nothing on asus website it's about other laptops like the " STRIX-G15-G513QM-HN060T" but never the 64T. Is there a lot of differences ?

3. Do you think one of these laptops is better than the other (if you have any feedback with those laptops it would be cool to share them 🙂)

Thanks in advance 🙂 

New Dell G15 (AMD) : https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/cty/pdp/spd/g-series-15-5515-laptop/cn55409sc (No 165Hz screen available outtside America 😞)

PS : Sorry if my english is bad I'm French and I think thatt maybe it's why I can't find all the informations concerning the ROG Strix.

36 minutes ago, Lakanya said:

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a laptop for myself and my studies coming.  I've searched everywhere to find a laptop that would fit my budget and I came up with those two laptops the :"Asus STRIX-G15-G513QM-HN064T" and the :"New Dell G15 Gaming (AMD)".

But I don't find so much information about those computers and even less about their screens. So I have a few questions :

1. I heard the dell screen had PWM, Is it really a big deal or no I heard there are software to dim the brightness without pwm.

2. About the Asus G15 G513QM HN064T I don't find nothing on asus website it's about other laptops like the " STRIX-G15-G513QM-HN060T" but never the 64T. Is there a lot of differences ?

3. Do you think one of these laptops is better than the other (if you have any feedback with those laptops it would be cool to share them 🙂)

Thanks in advance 🙂 

New Dell G15 (AMD) : https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/cty/pdp/spd/g-series-15-5515-laptop/cn55409sc (No 165Hz screen available outtside America 😞)

PS : Sorry if my english is bad I'm French and I think thatt maybe it's why I can't find all the informations concerning the ROG Strix.

Are you planing to game on that laptop or?

If no gaming is involved you can find cheaper and better alternatives

1 hour ago, AzzaNezz said:

Are you planing to game on that laptop or?

If no gaming is involved you can find cheaper and better alternatives

Yes sorry, I forget tto mention what I would use my laptop for,  Yes I'm planning to game on it, program, do 3d modeling.. all these kind of stuff.

It's why I was looking for a ryzen cpu + rtx 30XX