Lenovo G510 slow POST

My Lenovo G510 POSTs extremely slow, and simetimes not at all.

What I have tried:

Removing the HDD and disk drive completely,

Reseating the 2 RAM sticks, trying them 1 by 1 in both slots,

Pressing the Novo/OneTouch Recovery button thingie before, during and after pressing the normal power button,

Unpluging the keyboard,

Unpluging the WiFi adapter

Edit: tried an SSD as well.

It POSTs slow with an HDD, with an SSD, and without any drives. It works perfectly fine once in Windows.

Any ideas what else I could try?

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Real_Smoky said:

My Lenovo G510 POSTs extremely slow, and simetimes not at all.

What I have tried:

Removing the HDD and disk drive completely,

Reseating the 2 RAM sticks, trying them 1 by 1 in both slots,

Pressing the Novo/OneTouch Recovery button thingie before, during and after pressing the normal power button,

Unpluging the keyboard,

Unpluging the WiFi adapter

Any ideas what else I could try?

The CPU fan spins, the monitor seems to work. The laptop usually does POST at some point (5 mins or so) so I think most parts do work.

Thanks!

Specifically getting TO post? Not from post to windows?  Might it be that the machine attempts to skip displaying post, attempts to go straight to windows, fails, and tries again several times until it gives up and dumps you out in the post screen?

Laptops often have custom bios so this might be a question for Lenovo or a forum specific to that laptop model. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Specifically getting TO post? Not from post to windows?  Might it be that the machine attempts to skip displaying post, attempts to go straight to windows, fails, and tries again several times until it gives up and dumps you out in the post screen?

Laptops often have custom bios so this might be a question for Lenovo or a forum specific to that laptop model. 

Tried it now with an SSD, same happens.

Will try other, more Lenovo/laptop-specific forums as well.

Thanks for the suggestions!