Boot Issues with New Build

Hi guys, have just put all the components into my first build however when it comes to turning the PC on, nothing happens. I have a ASUS Prime B450-Plus motherboard as well as a Kolink Void case, and think it is something to do with the connections I have put into the panel at the bottom of the motherboard, as the manual is useless and I have had to use the internet to find out what goes where, as there is little indication on either the manual or the motherboard itself. As far as I can see all the connections are in correctly in accordance to what I have found, however there are some that are missing as I do not have a reset button for example. I also have a "VDG" header that came with the case, however I can not find anywhere on the motherboard to fit this in? Any help would be extremely appreciated as I need to get this up and running as soon as possible.

thumbnail_IMG_2177.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2176.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2175.jpg

20 minutes ago, Jxmes said:

however I can not find anywhere on the motherboard to fit this in?

VDG connectors are only used on gigabyte mobos if I remember correctly, so you don't put it anywhere, you can plug the other side into an ARGB header/fanhub.

20 minutes ago, Jxmes said:

ASUS Prime B450-Plus

Section 3-16 covers the pins for the system panel, if you follow that, it still doesn't power up?

RYZEN 7 3700X / MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI / ZOTAC 3070 TWIN EDGE OC / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB @ 3200 / SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 / WD BLACK SN850 M.2 / GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ GOLD / MSI MAG FORGE 100R / MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 

41 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

VDG connectors are only used on gigabyte mobos if I remember correctly, so you don't put it anywhere, you can plug the other side into an ARGB header/fanhub.

Section 3-16 covers the pins for the system panel, if you follow that, it still doesn't power up?

Think that might be the issue, according to that the panel I have requires an ATX power supply, of which mine is not. So hopefully a swap of Power Supply to an ATX one might do the trick 

1 minute ago, Jxmes said:

of which mine is not

What PSU do you have?

RYZEN 7 3700X / MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI / ZOTAC 3070 TWIN EDGE OC / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB @ 3200 / SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 / WD BLACK SN850 M.2 / GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ GOLD / MSI MAG FORGE 100R / MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R 

1 minute ago, Wayupthere said:

What PSU do you have?

Kolink Enclave 600W 

9 minutes ago, Jxmes said:

Think that might be the issue, according to that the panel I have requires an ATX power supply, of which mine is not

That Kolink is an ATX PSU... it should be able to power your system. What GPU are you using?

4 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

That Kolink is an ATX PSU... it should be able to power your system. What GPU are you using?

Yeah I realised that after looking deeper into the specs, oops... am using a GTX 1060 6GB

11 minutes ago, Jxmes said:

am using a GTX 1060 6GB

Ok that PSU is enough for that as well, so when you connect all the connectors according to the manual image it still doesn't post?

16 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

Ok that PSU is enough for that as well, so when you connect all the connectors according to the manual image it still doesn't post?

Yeah I have connected the HDD_LED, PWR_LED, and PWR_SW. The other cables I don't have.

The only activity I can see is the Orange RGB strip on the mobo. Other than that no fan spins, no activity from the CPU Cooler, RAM, GPU etc. No life at all when I turn it on.

4 minutes ago, Jxmes said:

No life at all when I turn it on.

How about the post beeps, you have the speaker installed?

2 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

How about the post beeps, you have the speaker installed?

Nothing. I haven't even got a Speaker Cable of which I can plug into the Panel, same with the Reset Button, have not got it.

4 minutes ago, Jxmes said:

have not got it.

It didn't come in the mobo box? It would make troubleshooting a lot easier if you're able to get/find one.

5 minutes ago, Wayupthere said:

It didn't come in the mobo box?

Unfortunately not no, have searched everywhere for it. This is my first build so I don't have any spares ones lying around either.

16 minutes ago, Jxmes said:

Unfortunately not no, have searched everywhere for it. This is my first build so I don't have any spares ones lying around either.

What CPU are you using?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

8 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

What CPU are you using?

Ryzen 5 1600x

6 minutes ago, Jxmes said:

Ryzen 5 1600x

Remove the front panel headers and try turning it on with a screw driver. Just touch the two pins that the power switch would go to. Any difference?

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Remove the front panel headers and try turning it on with a screw driver. Just touch the two pins that the power switch would go to. Any difference?

nope, no difference

6 minutes ago, Jxmes said:

nope, no difference

It looks like it is, but let's just double check the 8 pin in the top left corner. It's either a 4+4 pin connector or an 8 pin that says "CPU" on it?

Remove the stick of RAM that's on the far right and try to boot again. If that does the same, swap the other stick to the 2nd slot. Still no post? Try in the very first slot. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

13 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

It looks like it is, but let's just double check the 8 pin in the top left corner. It's either a 4+4 pin connector or an 8 pin that says "CPU" on it?

Remove the stick of RAM that's on the far right and try to boot again. If that does the same, swap the other stick to the 2nd slot. Still no post? Try in the very first slot. 

still nothing. I think I must be missing some sort of connection or something...

15 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

The 8 pin connector I am currently using fits in almost perfectly with the correct slots. Doesn't say "CPU" on it however none of them do

2 minutes ago, Jxmes said:

still nothing. I think I must be missing some sort of connection or something...

It should post with CPU, RAM and GPU. 

I noticed you were missing some motherboard screws at the bottom of the motherboard. They're not relevant for trouble shooting, but makes removing everything a little bit easier.

Remove the motherboard and GPU from the case and build the computer on the motherboard box. If we're checking for POST, you don't really need the CPU cooler on. It'd be a turn off once it turns on if you don't feel like removing the radiator. 

1 minute ago, Jxmes said:

The 8 pin connector I am currently using fits in almost perfectly with the correct slots. Doesn't say "CPU" on it however none of them do

Almost perfectly? Are you able to upload a picture of the connector? Remove it from the plug and take a picture looking at the connector.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Does this all look correct? Have carried over the case cables, did I need to do that as well?

thumbnail_IMG_2181.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2180.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2179.jpg

That is the correct connector. Try with only 1 stick of RAM. I don't know if the picture cut it off or not, but I don't see power connectors on your GPU now. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

That is the correct connector. Try with only 1 stick of RAM. I don't know if the picture cut it off or not, but I don't see power connectors on your GPU now. 

Yeah the photo just cut it off, gpu is powered. Have tried with just one stick of RAM, still nothing. Also tried swapping the sticks and tried the first slot as well again, nothing.