Need a new AM4 cooler

So I recently built a PC, and am using the AMD Wraith Stealth cooler, but it is kind of loud. Anybody have any good recommendations? Probably just gonna get a 212, but if anyone has good recommendations for 30-40 dollars, then tell me. I dont need anything beefy, since all I have is a Ryzen 3 2200G.

13 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

So I recently built a PC, and am using the AMD Wraith Stealth cooler, but it is kind of loud. Anybody have any good recommendations? Probably just gonna get a 212, but if anyone has good recommendations for 30-40 dollars, then tell me. I dont need anything beefy, since all I have is a Ryzen 3 2200G.

I'd adjust the fan curves. Unless there's something wrong, or you have a truly garbage case, you should be fine. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

212 Totally. LTT themselves showed that AIOs pretty much have 0 value outside of looks/packaging. 

The next step up would probably be a Noctua NH-U12S

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Enermax f40 silent? 25€ here and looks like great value if you can fit it.

I take it back. Just stick with Arctic Freezer 34 or Id-cooling se224xt basic for similar price.

Id either go with the 212 or noctua

Honestly, just go with the 212, perhaps buy a really nice fan for it in the future. Like a NF-A12x25

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

You don't need a noctua for a 2200G, and i don't recommend 212s since there are too many 212s on the market, and the fan came with it is mediocre to say the least.

I just got a Arctic Freezer 34 for my open bench and it's fantastic. It's mainly because of the fan is better (P12 is very good at its price), and the mounting is good enough.

PC1: 5950X/32GB 3800C14/3080 FTW3/O11Air Mini

PC2: 5600G/16GB 4133C18/Open bench

On 6/5/2021 at 11:33 AM, Cool_Evlo said:

How about the ID-Cooling SE 224-XT?
The main reason I would not recommend the OG 212 or the refreshed 212x is because of the pathetic X mounting bracket, its so hard to mount with that.

big man big w!