Happy Atheists Day!

Jerakl

I am atheist. I can assure you that i will not, have not, and will never wear a Fedora of any type.

But, Fedoras are so cool!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

untitle.JPG

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

As long as people remember that their belief (or lack thereof) doesn't automatically make them a better or smarter person, celebrate whatever you want.

Now gimme presents! (as long as it's not a fedora...)

For the record Christianity is a Faith, not a religion. :P

Christianity
krɪstɪˈanɪti/
noun

1. 1.
    the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus Christ, or its beliefs and practices.

Googled what is Christianity. first result...

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Saying atheism is a religion is like saying health is a disease.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Saying atheism is a religion is like saying health is a disease.

or not collecting stamps is a hobby 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I am atheist. I can assure you that i will not, have not, and will never wear a Fedora of any type. 

Do you debate people about atheism regularly? if so, you might feel more yourself in a fedora.

post-1491-0-73772900-1396562116.jpg

They're a very effective form of birth control, I'll give you that

Christianity

krɪstɪˈanɪti/

noun

the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus Christ, or its beliefs and practices.

Googled what is Christianity. first result...

It's google. I would rather take the word of experts in the faith then google....

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It's google. I would rather take the word of experts in the faith then google....

1st- There are no "experts" when it come to religion

2nd- Christianity can be classified as both a faith and a religion.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

1st- There are no "experts" when it come to religion

2nd- Christianity can be classified as both a faith and a religion.

1.Point made.

2.I really don't know. I think it could be denominational because I know a lot of people classify Catholicism as a religion.

Well a religion is just a more organised faith based system which many people subscribe to. Also identifying as christian is an odd concept since it is only in relatively recent history that the various branches e.g. Catholicism, Protestantism became "unified" under the umbrella name of Christian. For much of christian history the various sects were  at great conflict with each other. 

From my prospective Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam, Judaism etc all fall under the definition of organised religion. I am much more comfortable with the idea of personal faith than I am with subscribing to religious teachings. 

Why don't we stop replying to this thread? It was for April Fools day. I don't want a "what is religion" discussion.

If you want one of those go make a thread for it.

Lock Request