Sever Chassis compatible with the Tyan Tomcat SX S8036 motherboard

chuckthetekkie

I'm interested in getting the Tyan Tomcat SX S8036 server motherboard and it uses 2 24-lane PCI-E Gen 4 slots that require riser boards.  The 2 slots are directly next to one another so each riser board is different. They offer M8036-L24-3F and M8036-L24-3F riser cards so you can have up to 6 more Full Length PCI-E slots.  My question is about the computer case.  My Google-Fu has failed me and I don't know what chassis are compatible with this kind of motherboard.  I've never used this kind of motherboard before as I've only ever built standard Full ATX computers before.

What are my options.

its an EATX board so any chassis that supports EATX should support it.

your options depend on what you need and what you want.

what is your budget?

how many storage devices (HDDs/SSDs)? m.2 doesnt matter as it only has 2 spots and they are on the board.

are you looking for a server rack case or a more standard PC tower?

6 hours ago, tdkid said:

its an EATX board so any chassis that supports EATX should support it.

your options depend on what you need and what you want.

what is your budget?

how many storage devices (HDDs/SSDs)? m.2 doesnt matter as it only has 2 spots and they are on the board.

are you looking for a server rack case or a more standard PC tower?

I eventually found on their site that the motherboard is typically sold with a compatible case with the necessary risers.  

This motherboard wouldn't work in a regular E-ATX case as it doesn't have standard PCI-E slots as they are 24-lanes each that don't line up in a traditional case.

For this particular board you need a case like the attached picture.

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 6.09.29 AM.png

well actually there are some cases called dual system cases which could possibly handle that board. my corsair obsidian 1000D being one, the thermaltake core W200 possibly being another. 

Obsidian Series 1000D Super-Tower Case (corsair.com)

Core W200 (thermaltake.com)

and thermaltake and NZXT sell risers too. although right now i would avoid NZXT since theirs have an issue with causing fires.

Glass PC Case | Buy Tempered Glass Gaming Computer Case (thermaltake.com) scroll down