PC will power on, but no output is displayed.

When I power my computer on, the fans come on and it lights up, however it does not display any output. On the motherboard it indicates a CPU error, however when I bought the motherboard, it came with the cpu pre-installed.

I need someone to help me and tell me how to fix it. I also reseated the CMOS battery, however it still did not work.

Also note that I fear it overheated. It has been working smoothly for around a year now until yesterday a sudden bluescreen error occurred and crashed my PC. Ever since, it will not display any output.

I think I might need to re-apply thermal paste, would this work?

Specs:

MSI b450 tomahawk max

Ryzen 7 3700x

Zotac Gaming RTX 2060

Corsair spec-delta rgb case

2 tb sabrent rocket Q ssd

4 tb seagate barracuda hard drive

re applying paste won't get display to show up.  

You could try re-seating the GPU?  It's possible something worked loose.

Or if there was enough thermal wigglery happening, you may need to reseat the CPU (but that's a stretch)

1 minute ago, krugers123 said:

On the motherboard it indicates a CPU error,

I'm assuming you got a desktop here...

Step 1 - Check if your CPU cooler is loose. If so tighten it and retry booting.
Step 2 - Remove everything but the ram/CPU/GPU and check if the computer posts. If it does reinstall the disk and other conponents one by one (booting between each install)
Step 3 - remove the cooler, unseat the cpu, inspect it for bent pins, smell it for trace of ozone. If everything is fine, carefully reseat the CPU, repasted it if you got spare thermal paste, reinstall the cooler and try it.
Step 4 - test the CPU in another computer (ask a friend)

Comme back to us after all these

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

Even without a cooler, the PC should boot up for at least a few seconds. (Not recommned just saying it should boot)

So I'm thinking either bad ram, or a failed CPU.

As mentioned above pull everything, check everything and gently place them back in. (RAM, CPU, GPU)

Also check the power cables as they could have come loose.

And while your in the case check if any CAPS or anything else is missing from the board. I know you may not be able to tell, but random metal pins sticking up where a cap should be possible to spot.

Good luck.

P.S - If you have a second PC, or a friend to test your parts in I would try it. (RAM, GPU)

20 hours ago, Quickstrike said:

I'm assuming you got a desktop here...

Step 1 - Check if your CPU cooler is loose. If so tighten it and retry booting.
Step 2 - Remove everything but the ram/CPU/GPU and check if the computer posts. If it does reinstall the disk and other conponents one by one (booting between each install)
Step 3 - remove the cooler, unseat the cpu, inspect it for bent pins, smell it for trace of ozone. If everything is fine, carefully reseat the CPU, repasted it if you got spare thermal paste, reinstall the cooler and try it.
Step 4 - test the CPU in another computer (ask a friend)

Comme back to us after all these

I found that the GPU and RAM are not the issue, I have not checked the CPU yet, however before I do that, I am going to replace the CMOS battery as I fear it may be empty. I really don't think it will be the CPU as there is no reason for it to stop working as it has been fully functional for around a year now. I also cleaned out my whole PC and eliminated any dust particles.

Also, I would just like to add that the colour scheme of my PC that I set shows up for around 3-5 seconds and then it goes back to the default colour scheme.

21 hours ago, krugers123 said:

Also, I would just like to add that the colour scheme of my PC that I set shows up for around 3-5 seconds and then it goes back to the default colour scheme.

You mean the RGB come on then it stops? That means your CPU is probably overheating

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10