Less "Gamery" version of Legion 5 Pro

Hello guys,

I have been reading a lot of recommendations online (and in the forum here) about the Legio 5 Pro (https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-5-series/Legion-5-Pro-16ACH6H/p/WMD00000468)

being a really good laptop for games and general use and it's amazing screen and so on.

I however fell that it may be a bit to "gamery" and heavy for me on day to day use.

What are some other offers with comparable specs that are more slim and "professional" looking?

4 minutes ago, Sicks said:

Hello guys,

I have been reading a lot of recommendations online (and in the forum here) about the Legio 5 Pro (https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-5-series/Legion-5-Pro-16ACH6H/p/WMD00000468)

being a really good laptop for games and general use and it's amazing screen and so on.

I however fell that it may be a bit to "gamery" and heavy for me on day to day use.

What are some other offers with comparable specs that are more slim and "professional" looking?

Dell XPS 15 https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Touchscreen-Laptop-i7-10750H-XPS9500-7845SLV-PUS/dp/B0897WZSZ6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=HKNPIRQB1QGW&dchild=1&keywords=dell+xps+15&qid=1622652563&s=electronics&sprefix=dell%2Celectronics%2C240&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyR1BRQkNONUxTTUc2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDg2NzA5MktNRFRFUjVHMUwwOSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTc0MTY1MjVFOVpPRlpEQTE2WSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Posted wrong link before, sorry 🙂

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Wrong link I believe...

Fixed

maybe rog zephyrus g14 and 15 they have black version 

and its pretty "normal" looking from my persvective

01110100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 00110111 00110000 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100011 01101000 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01101101 01100001 00100000 01110011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110100 01110110

Audio Interface I/O LIST v2

9 minutes ago, Sicks said:

Hello guys,

Razer Blade 15 doesn't look bad either, https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Blade-Base-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B08LZYN1ZF/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=gaming+laptop&qid=1622652897&s=electronics&sr=1-5

13 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

Hi Thanks for the suggestion.

I thought about the XPS but it looks way less powered that the legion 5 pro.

However it looks like it has a amazing screen by the reviews.

9 minutes ago, Freakwise said:

maybe rog zephyrus g14 and 15 they have black version 

and its pretty "normal" looking from my persvective

My first time seeing these. Thanks for the suggestion.

There looks to be a looot of variations of this model. With different cards and etc.

I have to take a look to see what is the better one for me. But on the design part it looks way more usable.

13 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

I liked the more simple traditional design on these.

I kind of problem I felt in these is the lack of a number pad in all of them. I really like them for daily use. Are there any other models that have them?

11 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Razer has a awful track record with their laptops getting past 2 years of life and just dying at random.

11 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The xps is a overheating mess tho and I do not recommend that laptop.

What I do recommend is the 2021 g15 NOT the 2020 version.

Thanks for the Warnings. I will make sure to check a lot of reviews to check before buying! 🙂

1 minute ago, Sicks said:

Thanks for the Warnings. I will make sure to check a lot of reviews to check before buying! 🙂

Always do and check multiple for each product. The xps is seen as the ultimate productivity laptop for some reason which includes light office tasks and such but a 600$ laptop can do so easily too. Where it falls apart is when it has to do an intense task. The ONLY config that doesn't overheat is with the lower power quad core i7 g5 with no dedicated gpu. It gets a bit toasty but that is the only config that works well. Anything else is a mess and that config is not at all something you should get as that is basically meant for office use and some basic photo/video editing at best.

33 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

That is in no way comparable

1650 is nothing compared to a 3060, and the smaller design means a much lower tdp for the components.

Op, a thinner is always slower on comparable generations of components. You may get the same components in a thinner laptop, bit theyre going to be slower and possibly be hotter, and might have lower battery life, due to less space For the battery and the cooling.

Really that loptop doesn't look terribly large or heavy, and it doesn't seem to have any giant rgb things anywhere.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

That is in no way comparable

1650 is nothing compared to a 3060, and the smaller design means a much lower tdp for the components.

Op, a thinner is always slower on comparable generations of components. You may get the same components in a thinner laptop, bit theyre going to be slower and possibly be hotter, and might have lower battery life, due to less space For the battery and the cooling.

Really that loptop doesn't look terribly large or heavy, and it doesn't seem to have any giant rgb things anywhere.

Hi. 100% agree that it is impossible to get a better/comparable performance on smaller form factory.

The legion 5 pro is on the high end of what I would like. I was thinking more of slightly lower specs for a reasonable lighter and slimmer build.

And while the Legion 5 pro It is clearly not on the "Super heavy gamery" laptop market, my current one is (old ASUS G752) I got really tired of it being big heavy and super eye caching and kinda wanna avoid this as much as possible in this new one

It may sound stupid but looking into the options presented I also found the normal legion 5 (non-pro) with the AMD processor.

It is more similar to the XPS in specs however.

Any experience with this model anyone?

3 hours ago, CosmoNot said:

I think MSI just came out with a MacBook competitor, a 'premium' laptop with a 3060 laptop gpu, but unlike other laptops it is milled out of a solid block of aluminum and is very high quality. 

https://us.msi.com/Content-Creation/Creator-Z16-A11UX

God look amazing. However I think this would be a "little" over budget.

I think I have kind of rested on the Legion 7i. it looks less gamery and is a little smaller than the Pro.

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-7-series/Lenovo-Legion-7/p/88GMY701410

It also has some very reasonable specs and a some good deals to mach.

Is there any good reason I shouldn't buy it? Any very glaring problem or big know issue?