Connecting DNS to MC server, help!

Alexcalibur
Go to solution Solved by Alexcalibur,
Just now, Alexcalibur said:

What do I need to do to connect?

Figured it out, I needed mc infront of the servername.com, so in the server IP it needs to be mc.servername.com for anyone else reference. 

Hello, I am trying to connect a domain that I have purchased and am having some issues having it work right. Here is what I have done so far, please let me know if/where I have made errors! I am using Google Domains as my DNS, sending to a system that I own. 

1. I have the A-record set as named "mc" | type "A" | TTL "1h" | data "162.xxx.xxx.xxx"

2. I also set an SRV, although I am not sure what it does it is what I read online to do: name "_minecraft_tcp.mc" | type "SRV" | TTL "1h" | data "10 5 25565 mc.servername.com.

I have confirmed with someone outside of my network that they can connect to the 162.xxx.xxx.xxx:25565, however when I try to connect to the "servername.com" it doesn't connect, although it shows up as online in the server list, with an active ping. What do I need to do to connect?

Just now, Alexcalibur said:

What do I need to do to connect?

Figured it out, I needed mc infront of the servername.com, so in the server IP it needs to be mc.servername.com for anyone else reference.