gpu overclocking help (GTX 1070)

Lowonley
Go to solution Solved by Meczox_,

What SorryClaire said is basically nearly everything but i also suggest on top of all that to check some turtorial on youtube as it will be a guide which will make it easier also if you want try checking out undervolting it can help with heat 

could anyone help me with software and how to tune the software to overclock my gtx 1070? i have no clue on how to do this so any help is appreciated

1 minute ago, Lowonley said:

could anyone help me with software and how to tune the software to overclock my gtx 1070?

Software wise youll need:

1. MSI Afterburner

2. Purpose built GPU stress tester excluding furmark (Unigine Superposition is my usual pick on this one)

3. Your daily used apps that relies on GPUs (video editor, games, etc)

Hardware wise youll need:

1. Good tiered PSU with a lot of wattage headroom for your CPU and other crap

2. A case that isnt basically a closed up heating coffin (if you wanna keep that side panel on)

Steps youll need to do:

0. Run benchmarks and activities that you usually do. Write it down (framerates, render/compile times, etc) as a before results.

1. Start up your stress testing app of choice

2. Boot up MSI Afterburner

3. Increase your power limit and temperature limit to the max that it allows (most modern cards only allow 110% or something like that, but 1070s usually allow 120% or so iirc)

4. Start dialing a base of +50 mhz on the core clock, and +100 on memory clock(or dont and just skip to step 5 if you wanna be cautious, i usually do this to cut down on my overclocking session)

5. Bump the core clock up to +10 mhz until your system crashes. Dial back to the last settings its stable. And then change to bump it to +5 till it crashes. After that stop. Repeat with the memory clock, but multiply by 10 for the bump (so +100, and +50 respectively)

6. Run the same benchmark and things that youve done for the before comparison, and then compare the before and after.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Software wise youll need:

1. MSI Afterburner

2. Purpose built GPU stress tester excluding furmark (Unigine Superposition is my usual pick on this one)

3. Your daily used apps that relies on GPUs (video editor, games, etc)

Hardware wise youll need:

1. Good tiered PSU with a lot of wattage headroom for your CPU and other crap

2. A case that isnt basically a closed up heating coffin (if you wanna keep that side panel on)

Steps youll need to do:

0. Run benchmarks and activities that you usually do. Write it down (framerates, render/compile times, etc) as a before results.

1. Start up your stress testing app of choice

2. Boot up MSI Afterburner

3. Increase your power limit and temperature limit to the max that it allows (most modern cards only allow 110% or something like that, but 1070s usually allow 120% or so iirc)

4. Start dialing a base of +50 mhz on the core clock, and +100 on memory clock(or dont and just skip to step 5 if you wanna be cautious, i usually do this to cut down on my overclocking session)

5. Bump the core clock up to +10 mhz until your system crashes. Dial back to the last settings its stable. And then change to bump it to +5 till it crashes. After that stop. Repeat with the memory clock, but multiply by 10 for the bump (so +100, and +50 respectively)

6. Run the same benchmark and things that youve done for the before comparison, and then compare the before and after.

ok, ty a lot ima try this

What SorryClaire said is basically nearly everything but i also suggest on top of all that to check some turtorial on youtube as it will be a guide which will make it easier also if you want try checking out undervolting it can help with heat 

On 6/1/2021 at 1:12 PM, Meczox_YT said:

ok ty alot