is there a modern third party web browser for android 2.3.6?

Hello

i'm looking to find a modern web browser for my old samsung galaxy mini

is there any modern web browser for it?
a third party youtube app? (current one "need" an update)
or can i mod this phone in any way? (android 4.0 to 4.4 or something?)

You could try flashing a custom stripped down rom on it... but Im not sure if you could with something that old.

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

dang, well i ask this question because some people did created a youtube app for modded DSi systems. and this machine has 16mb of ram and a 133mhz cpu

the app hasn't been updated since 2016 tho and doesn't find the server anymore

Just now, Painis cupcake said:

dang, well i ask this question because some people did created a youtube app for modded DSi systems. and this machine has 16mb of ram and a 133mhz cpu

Yeah but that runs yt at 144p and sub 30fps. It was very much so 100% built around the dsi and it was barely able to play video. Keep in mind that is from back when yt was lighter to run too so it isn't a good reflection of today.

For all intents and pruposes you have a feature phone now instead of a smartphone due to how old and low end it is.

4 minutes ago, Painis cupcake said:

Im sorry did you say 16mb

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

Unfortunately there is not a 'modern' web browser. I was using an Android 3.0 phone in 2019 and it was unable to download anything from the Play Store, let alone run it if I flashed the application to its SD card. Sadly 16mb of ram and a 133mhz can't handle anything these days, let alone youtube.

Just now, starry said:

Im sorry did you say 16mb

yes i did, the DSi/ DSi XL have 16 megabytes of ram

Just now, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Unfortunately there is not a 'modern' web browser. I was using an Android 3.0 phone in 2019 and it was unable to download anything from the Play Store, let alone run it if I flashed the application to its SD card. Sadly 16mb of ram and a 133mhz can't handle anything these days, let alone youtube.

Those are the dsi specs not the galaxy mini. But for all intents and pruposes the galaxy mini is just as useless as the dsi for todays web.

but the phone i use has a 600mhz cpu and 250mb of ram so way better than a DSi

also youtube can work fine on an iPhone 3GS with maxthon or UC web browser 

-> Moved to Phones and Tablets

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

37 minutes ago, Painis cupcake said:

but the phone i use has a 600mhz cpu and 250mb of ram so way better than a DSi

also youtube can work fine on an iPhone 3GS with maxthon or UC web browser 

Sure but it has to do a LOT more than a dsi. Also 1 mhz in the dsi is in no way the same as 1 mhz in your phone. Same with ram.

Your phone will be doing a ton of different background things at once. The dsi basically suspends everything and runs the application it is as it's near only task.

Either way your galaxy mini is from a time long gone and is just FAR too weak. Also a fyi but the 3gs is a bit more powerful than the mini + it has the lighter ios os from back then. Today it cant do youtube anymore except if it does software rendering as it's hardware cannot run the new youtube codecs. Same story for your mini IF it can even do software rendering. But that means getting a couple fps instead of a stable 24.