Why is this a kids video?

VirusDumb

Probably because no-one over the age of 8 would want to watch a video about a speaker playing a fart sound.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

39 minutes ago, Benji said:

Is it actually indicating a children's video when the YouTube Kids ad shows up, or couldn't it just show up randomly like every other ad?

The YouTube categorisation has always been bad. Sometimes even meme videos, Vine compilations or such stuff is categorised as Science or Educational or whatever unfitting category.

Umm when it's a kids video, you get the yt kids ad, comments are turned off, and you can't play it on mini player

1 hour ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Umm when it's a kids video, you get the yt kids ad, comments are turned off, and you can't play it on mini player

Comments are turned off for good reason. Adults post really nasty stuff where children will read it.

Parents of kids who have their own YouTube Channel should do the same thing.

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

Probably because no-one over the age of 8 would want to watch a video about a speaker playing a fart sound.

If our miners (not children, miners) could read that they would be very offended... 

But they can't. So that means I can remind them that they are children.

Edited by IkeaGnome
Added what appeared to be a confusing lack of a comma.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, Benji said:

Yes, but then again, anonymous people in general on the internet will post really nasty stuff, period.

Very Sad but true.

11 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

If our miners (not children miners) could read that they would be very offended... 

You misspelled minors....

Just now, whm1974 said:

You misspelled minors....

How so?

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

How so?

A Minor is underage. Miners are people who work in the mining industry. 

Just now, whm1974 said:

A Minor is underage. Miners are people who work in the mining industry. 

And we have children miners here. Can't buy their own tobacco or alcohol. Ironically, they're some of the more mature ones. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

And we have children miners here. Can't buy their own tobacco or alcohol. Ironically, they're some of the more mature ones. 

Oh Cryptomining... For a minute  there I thought you were referring to children who earn a living working in mines...

Just now, whm1974 said:

Oh Cryptomining... For a minute  there I thought you were referring to children who earn a living working in mines...

No, I mean underground. If you can't buy your own alcohol, you're a child.

Spoiler

20210413_141659.thumb.jpg.78ea8327c5990d3ddb840d1d80ec37ae.jpg

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

No, I mean underground. If you can't buy your own alcohol, you're a child.

Hide contents

20210413_141659.thumb.jpg.78ea8327c5990d3ddb840d1d80ec37ae.jpg

In the US The Law will see you as an full Adult at 18. 18 y/o can vote, move out, but can't buy alcohol.

6 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

If our miners (not children miners) could read that they would be very offended... 

My 5 year old... actually all 5 of my children (minors) could read before the age of 8, roughly around 4 and start comprehending (to a degree) at 5-6years old. Just sayin.

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

In the US The Law will see you as an full Adult at 18. 18 y/o can vote, move out, but can't buy alcohol.

Legal Adult at 18, Mature legal Adult at 21 (UTMA)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

My 5 year old... actually all 5 of my children (minors) could read before the age of 8, roughly around 4 and start comprehending (to a degree) at 5-6years old. Just sayin.

I guess it didn't come across well that I'm making fun of fully grown adults, not children.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I guess it didn't come across well that I'm making fun of fully grown adults, not children.

I did, I ignored the Miner/Minor just so i could say what I did. 😛 

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

I did, I ignored the Miner/Minor just so i could say what I did. 😛 

I also appear to have forgotten a comma in the original er vs or comment. 

In all reality though, we have a schedule every week (Friday to Thursday to match our work schedule). It's for the equipment that is getting preventative maintenance done. A drill gets scheduled for all 7 days. Yesterday (day 2 of 7) we have a miner come in and ask me how long we have the drill for. "7 days if we need it". "Sooooo I can't take it?" "Not until we're done working on it" "When will that be?" "A full 7 days if you keep asking questions I've answered" 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

"Sooooo I can't take it?" "Not until we're done working on it" "When will that be?" "A full 7 days if you keep asking questions I've answered" 

Epic. Sounds like a conversation I have with some of my co-workers, clients, and children on a daily basis.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

children on a daily basis

That was my point. 

Spoiler

image.png.657300b4641b4ec7cac3fed0a51a893f.png

We're in 1b as of a week ago. There was still questions on where we have to wear masks. KDR is our "Kitchen and Dining Room" 

"So what if I'm in the jumbo(drill rig) and someone that's not vaccinated gets in the cab. Do I have to wear a mask?"

"Does the crew bus count?" (Bus driver is not vaccinated so it doesn't matter regardless)

"I'm not vaccinated. When can I go to the gym?"

"I'm vaccinated. Do I still have to wear the proxy sensor"

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

11 hours ago, whm1974 said:

Comments are turned off for good reason. Adults post really nasty stuff where children will read it.

Ever heard of this game called gacha life? It's a kids' game where you can create avatars and put speech bubble on them and stuff, and some people use them to create videos, so as a normal person I thought, as gacha life is a kids' game, the videos should be family friendly as well until I came across this, in my 7 y.o. sisters recommendation.

So I did what I had to, I reported the video(which seems YouTube still hasn't noticed), washed my eyes with holy water, drowned the tablet in holy water, reset the yt app, and showed it to my parents so that they don't let her watch gacha life videos again.

• 2 weeks later...

did you laugh bcuz of the title of the video? if the answer is yes then you are still a kid! i wonder that's the logic of youtube algo.

okay okay it was just a joke.