Micro Center Location

Has anybody successfully convinced them to branch out to your local town or city before? 

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350 PC Mate
  • RAM
    Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2x8)
  • GPU
    ASUS Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400
  • Storage
    WD 1TB 7200RPM, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W
  • Display(s)
    Dell SE2717HR 27" 75HZ
  • Cooling
    AMD Wrath Spire
  • Keyboard
    Rosewill Neon k85
  • Mouse
    Rosewill Neon m59
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro

With all due respect, I don't think asking them will convince them to open an entirely new branch. If they want to open a new branch then they'll do that themselves.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

From a business perspective, I dont see how one person can convince a company like micro center to open a new branch. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

They’re extremely picky about their locations, I think there’s only like 15 or so in the country.

I assume this is because they would be unprofitable in 99% of communities. Most of their stores are situated in the middle of or near large suburban office parks near major cities which is where most of their business comes from. Gamers and average consumers would never sustain their costs.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

9 hours ago, The Great Kamek said:

Has anybody successfully convinced them to branch out to your local town or city before? 

There is a lot of variables that go into opening a new location, demand for the service, profitability to the location in question eg with the investment be returned with sales over a set period of time?. and many more in-depth variables that applies to the company.

Disclaimer: there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking said company in doing so, just very unlikely they will react to the request, but it has been known (rarely) to happen.

I suggest you do contact them and suggest it. The worse that can happen? they ignore you or say no. The best that can happen, they reply and say no or actually consider it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

They’re extremely picky about their locations, I think there’s only like 15 or so in the country.

I assume this is because they would be unprofitable in 99% of communities. Most of their stores are situated in the middle of or near large suburban office parks near major cities which is where most of their business comes from. Gamers and average consumers would never sustain their costs.

agreed. I live near one of the big citys in illinois. Only city to have one is cicago iirc.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, The Great Kamek said:

They are not going to expand to your area unless they know they can make money. Nearest one to me is in Maddison Heights. Thats a 45 Min drive, not counting any construction and epic amounts of Road Rage. Which is why I have never been to it. Micro Center is not stupid. They see the issue stores like Best Buy have. By staying relatively small they can do a better jobs in my opinion of controlling expenses. As as well potentially offering better services. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.