Python open file explorer and pip problems.https://linustechtips.com/forum/20-programming/?do=add#elNavigation_54_menu

Wictorian

I wanna open file explorer using python. I searched online and found two ways one involving libraries os and subprocess and one involinv easygul. I have os installe, but when I try to insall the others,  it gives this errors.

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement easygul
ERROR: No matching distribution found for easygul

and it it tells me to update pip.

Spoiler

WARNING: You are using pip version 20.3.4; however, version 21.1.2 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'c:\users\dragon\appdata\local\programs\python\python38-32\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

When I try to update pip:

Spoiler

C:\Users\Dragon>c:\users\dragon\appdata\local\programs\python\python38-32\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip
Requirement already satisfied: pip in c:\users\dragon\appdata\roaming\python\python38\site-packages (20.3.4)
Collecting pip
  Using cached pip-21.1.2-py3-none-any.whl (1.5 MB)
Installing collected packages: pip
  Attempting uninstall: pip
    Found existing installation: pip 20.3.4
    Uninstalling pip-20.3.4:
      Successfully uninstalled pip-20.3.4
  Rolling back uninstall of pip
  Moving to c:\users\dragon\appdata\roaming\python\python38\scripts\pip.exe
   from C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-uninstall-m5n9q960\pip.exe
  Moving to c:\users\dragon\appdata\roaming\python\python38\scripts\pip3.8.exe
   from C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-uninstall-m5n9q960\pip3.8.exe
  Moving to c:\users\dragon\appdata\roaming\python\python38\scripts\pip3.exe
   from C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-uninstall-m5n9q960\pip3.exe
  Moving to c:\users\dragon\appdata\roaming\python\python38\site-packages\pip-20.3.4.dist-info\
   from C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\~ip-20.3.4.dist-info
  Moving to c:\users\dragon\appdata\roaming\python\python38\site-packages\pip\
   from C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\~ip

It is ok until this point, but then the text turns red.

ERROR: Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_internal\cli\base_command.py", line 223, in _main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_internal\cli\req_command.py", line 180, in wrapper
    return func(self, options, args)
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_internal\commands\install.py", line 395, in run
    installed = install_given_reqs(
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_internal\req\__init__.py", line 82, in install_given_reqs
    requirement.install(
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_internal\req\req_install.py", line 816, in install
    install_wheel(
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_internal\operations\install\wheel.py", line 837, in install_wheel
    _install_wheel(
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_internal\operations\install\wheel.py", line 747, in _install_wheel
    generated_console_scripts = maker.make_multiple(scripts_to_generate)
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_vendor\distlib\scripts.py", line 418, in make_multiple
    filenames.extend(self.make(specification, options))
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_internal\operations\install\wheel.py", line 483, in make
    return super(PipScriptMaker, self).make(specification, options)
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_vendor\distlib\scripts.py", line 407, in make
    self._make_script(entry, filenames, options=options)
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_vendor\distlib\scripts.py", line 307, in _make_script
    self._write_script(scriptnames, shebang, script, filenames, ext)
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_vendor\distlib\scripts.py", line 242, in _write_script
    launcher = self._get_launcher('t')
  File "C:\Users\Dragon\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\pip\_vendor\distlib\scripts.py", line 386, in _get_launcher
    raise ValueError(msg)
ValueError: Unable to find resource t32.exe in package pip._vendor.distlib

40 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

and it it tells me to update pip.

That is just a warning, unrelated to the error.

As for the error, you mistyped easygui and instead typed "easygul" with an "L" at the end.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

That is just a warning, unrelated to the error.

As for the error, you mistyped easygui and instead typed "easygul" with an "L" at the end.

OMG thanks a lot! Why doens't it install subprocess tho? Do I not have to install it?

11 hours ago, Wictorian said:

OMG thanks a lot! Why doens't it install subprocess tho? Do I not have to install it?

A quick google search or simply trying to import it would have told you you don't need to install it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*