My power point for a class

RWT98

http://www.comicsanscriminal.com/

Avoid using Comic Sans. That looks informal and childish.

Intel Core i5 3570K@4.5GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2*TEAM 8GB DDR3-1600@CL9-9-9-27 | Inno3D GTX 660 HerculeZ 2000s@1200MHz Core 6600MHz Memory | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Antec Kühler H2O 620 | Antec HCG-620 | CoolerMaster Elite 371

Acer Iconia W700: Intel Core i5 3337U | 4GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | 11.6" 1080p Display

Better than everyone in any of my classes. Not even being sarcastic.

Better than everyone in any of my classes. Not even being sarcastic.

Yea same here i have a bunch of People in my class who just throw crap together and expect a good grade 

i wanted to know what you guys think of my power point and what i could make better in it please dont talk crap if things are inaccurate. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19rxU7-zTXPuQVa4h-dkik1KNOZohXiWmrAJ0kEijJj0/edit?usp=sharing

I think that some of your text could be justified or centred. Other than that it looks pretty good. Oh, and I would change the font also.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

this really wouldn't fly anywhere except a school

WAY too much text

Paragraphs?

Pictures are all too small, meaningless, not filling a background or a mosaic. Too many pictures in some, too little in some. 

Error: 410

One quick thing, i may be wrong but Activision just publishes Call of Duty infinty ward, treyarch, and newly added slegdehammer games mainly create the games if i am not mistaken

EDIT: i checked your edits and you just put infinity ward, i just think that it is right to give credit where credit is due and if you want a way to word it let me know

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

One quick thing, i may be wrong but Activision just publishes Call of Duty infinty ward, treyarch, and newly added slegdehammer games mainly create the games if i am not mistaken

EDIT: i checked your edits and you just put infinity ward, i just think that it is right to give credit where credit is due and if you want a way to word it let me know

how would i word it then ? you lost me 

how would i word it then ? you lost me

like instead of just infinity ward you would put all three or as of now just add in treyarch and you would be fine because technically sledgehammer games has not made a call if duty yet by themselves

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

like instead of just infinity ward you would put all three or as of now just add in treyarch and you would be fine because technically sledgehammer games has not made a call if duty yet by themselves

Good ?

Good ?

Yep, everything looks great, good luck

Slide 2, you need to have this in bullet points.

The powerpoint should NOT speak for you. It should only compliment what you are saying. Check out Apple or Nvidia keynotes for example.

Remove background of graph, and make it clean looking. Minimilistic if your friend.

Don't put full sentences

At slide 8, don't streach and scale images. You can also remove the background. Powerpoint has a tool for this. This makes it look like you just learned how to use powerpoint.

Slide 9. company name and logo showing the name.. repetitive.

Also, be sure to use high quality images. Work with PNG's not JPEG. Pixelation due to image compression from jpeg will show big time on the projector (unless jpeg image is at max quality)

The powerpoint should NOT speak for you. It should only compliment what you are saying. 

Remove background of graph, and make it clean looking. Minimilistic if your friend.

Don't put full sentences

At slide 8, don't streach and scale images. You can also remove the background. Powerpoint has a tool for this. This makes it look like you just learned how to use powerpoint.

this guy knows what's up

Here's an idea of what you should kind of try for:

http://i.imgur.com/kuXzaH3.jpg

The one on the top was from  HS and around 10 minutes.

The one on the bottom was 20 minutes and 5 primary slides with a conclusion and open final slide. 

Even the first one is really sloppy, and the second has a few small issues, but most won't notice. (only major thing is the bushido slide was butchered because of the graphic size, but it was fixed before presenting, obv)

The powerpoint is a supplement. Powerpoint presentation is a misnomer, it's a "presentation with a powerpoint"

You should be able to present without a Powerpoint presentation at all. If you can't do your presentation without acknowledging it, then you're not doing it right. 

Powerpoint should never distract, the powerpoint is there for reference. The focus is on YOU, not the powerpoint. 

They can glance at pictures, but they should not be saturating or overly stimulating. They shouldn't have to read, they should only need to look. The goal is for them to only glace at it, the rest is all you. 

Error: 410

A few things you can improve on. As others have said, minimalist is key, but that doesn't stop you tweaking the things that aren't still there.

Perhaps you could add a single colour background, relevant to the theme of your PowerPoint? A light blue or a textured background would make it look more professional than plain white.

Consider playing around with slide composition a bit more. The arrangement of the slide is important in terms of where the audience will look first.

Make the font size and type consistent throughout the entire PowerPoint. Titles need to be in the same style as well.

I would suggest adding bullets to the game devs on slide 8 and leaving it at that. You can do the rest of the talking ;)

Consider getting rid of the names of the three companies in slide 9 and just leaving the logos.

It would be nicer to include higher res images of the game on slide 4. Use Google images and select search tools > size > large. And another tip: hold shift while resizing an image and it will maintain its aspect ratio :)

Have a slide at the end allowing the audience to ask questions about anything you've said. BE PREPARED TO ANSWER ANYTHING!

Other than that it seems like very interesting content! I wish you luck with your furture career :) I myself am hoping to study either aerodynamics or computer games programming at university :)

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8