Please Help! Which is better Lenovo Thinkpad 5 or Lenovo Flex 5 or something else?

I am looking for a new laptop that is fast!!! I have no patience lol. It will be mainly for Excel, light Cad work and web browsing/email.  Budget is $1000, 16GB ram, 512GB+ storage, i7/Ryzen 7 or better and FAST!!!!  I prefer 14-16" screens for portability, don't care if it has a touch screen or is a 2-n-1.  But i must purchase from Newegg as I have a credit from return.

First of all, the "number" in naming scheme doesn't do anything.

If you have an i5 Quad Core or i7 Quad Core, is irrelevant. These are 98% the exact same Chip.

Ryzen 7 at least gives more Cores over Ryzen 5, but you'll benefit mostly for Muiltitasking.

When you do some Excel work, or browse the web, you'll notice literaly zero difference between a 8 Core and 6 Core. Probably even 4 Core.

Second: You probably mean Ideapad 5 vs. Flex 5? If you don't need the convertible, there is no reason to pay for that. Ideapad 5, the new variant with Ryzen 5000 series and aluminum body.

Up to 1000, you should probably already get a better Yoga Slim 7 (or Slim 7 Pro with a much better Display). But performance depends on the Chip.

Ideapad 5 Pro (16", 2560x1600 Screen) could also be an option, if you want a bigger one.

And third: Less Ram and storage, but what about a Macbook Air M1?

That m1 is a BEAST, and this "felt everyday performance" is really something else. That new Architecture, those optimizations, how fast Apps start up and how snappy the System reacts.
And on top of that, it will be silent forever.

I would prefer to stay away from apple due to zero experience with using their products besides original ipod lol.  Here are the 2 models that i was originally looking at, but like i said i am not 100% set on a make or model yet. 

https://www.newegg.com/p/1TS-000E-0PKR3?Item=9SIAJZDDTK3669

image.thumb.png.3300ff57f7f78bdf4f87b18a5a1c743c.png

https://www.newegg.com/p/1TS-000E-0M7X7?Item=9SIA24GBHE4106

image.thumb.png.eb7402a67da8f7a5fe8a4421a43b8686.png