overclocked the display of my old phone LOL

henry69420

Was playing around with the open source released samsung kernel for the phone. found that you can edit the display refresh rate in the linux dts for the exynos7870 board.

how high does it overclock?

I don't know but samsung defines max 2560 * 1600 * 4 * 60 in short 2560*1600 at 60 fps max line rate. this phone uses 720p

so by using math we can get: 2560 * 1600 * 4 * 60 = 1280 * 720 * 4 * x

in this case x would be 266.666... hz, but i have not tested that yet.

i did calculate all the values for it to be 120hz tho and it seems to be working fine

(you can't see the black stripes with real eyes only with camera)

photo_2021-04-30_15-15-29.jpg.d569bdae6f632af549db2b98221722c9.jpg

3 minutes ago, henry69420 said:

i did calculate all the values for it to be 120hz tho and it seems to be working fine

L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt | Know Your Meme

No mention of how testing was done or even proof that it works. Yeah imma believe that one.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt | Know Your Meme

No mention of how testing was done or even proof that it works. Yeah imma believe that one.

// data from dts
disp-pll-clk = <64000000>;
disp-vclk = <64000000>;
/* HBP HFP HSW */
timing,h-porch = <48 56 4>;
/* VBP VFP VSW */
timing,v-porch = <5 9 2>;
vertical pixels 1280
horizontal pixels 720

// pro calculations
// total horizontal lines
720+48+56+4=828
// total vertical lines
1280+5+9+2=1296
// get refresh rate
64000000/(1296x828)=59.64Hz default

soooo you can see if i increase disp-pll-clk and disp-vclk the refresh rate is higher.

but i also need to increase bandwidth rate and for that idk how to get so i increased it until it works 😄

Just now, henry69420 said:

soooo you can see if i increase disp-pll-clk and disp-vclk the refresh rate is higher.

but i also need to increase bandwidth rate and for that idk how to get so i increased it until it works 😄

So? have you tested how long it takes for a frame to display or if display skips frames with slow motion video recording? Sure board can handle it as it uses LVDS but can the panel?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

So? have you tested how long it takes for a frame to display or if display skips frames with slow motion video recording? Sure board can handle it as it uses LVDS but can the panel?

i have not seen any frame skipping

i cant record at 120 fps to send a video but i used another test in that webpage and the ufo moving at 120 fps seemed smoother then one at 74 and 60