House networking for villas

Hello fellas, im building a network for 3 villas to rent and need some help with the details. For now i have an idea to get a router and 3 Access points for each house and route them with RJ45. i want a router that can handle 2 lines from my ISP because the speed is kinda slow and wonky here so if i need more bandwith and speed in the future i will need the router to handle 2 lines then divide the bandwith to the 3 AP's with different ssid's. The hardwear im looking at at the moment are: for the router  MikroTik RB3011UiAS-RM and for the AP's 3 Ubiquiti Unifi AP AC PRO and my laptop for setup. I also have a TP-Link SG108PE switch, could i use it to power the AP's with PoE ? I see my router has 1 PoE port, would it be better to buy the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 6P ? the access points will be on the 1st floor, of a 60m2 room and the 2nd floor is 20m2. there is a big metal staircase that connects the two floors that i fear will interfere with the signal but i think 1 AP per villa will be fine. I think the setup is adequate but i would really appreciate your input on it. thank you in advance.

Edited by Kouk

2 hours ago, Kouk said:

i want a router that can handle 2 lines from my ISP because the speed is kinda slow and wonky here so if i need more bandwith and speed in the future i will need the router to handle 2 lines then divide the bandwith to the 3 AP's with different ssid's.

And the Mikrotik router doesn't support dual-WAN? Check the manual for failover and load-balancing.

2 hours ago, Kouk said:

I also have a TP-Link SG108PE switch, could i use it to power the AP's with PoE ?

Why? Unless you buy the Ubiquiti APs in the multi-pack, they should all come with PoE injectors I'm the individual boxes.

Furthermore, find the specifications for your particular version of that TP-Link switch to see the PoE voltage supported. The UAP-AC-Pro requires 48V at 0.5A.

2 hours ago, Kouk said:

for the AP's 3 Ubiquiti Unifi AP AC PR

Unless you're expecting lots of users in a single villa (high density), a UAP-AC-Pro isn't required.

A U6-Lite costs less, supports WiFi 6 and performs better despite being a 2x2 device compared to the Pro's 3x3.

Hey Falcon thanks for the answer, for the AP i went with the pro because in my area they have similar prices and the 3x3 mimo is nice to have. Also i think the U6-lite and wifi 6 is kind of beta right now and im not that conserned with future proofness at the moment. I mentioned the switch because i want a cleaner setup with a single PoE cable for each AP instead of having to route them all with injectors. I'm not sure about the Mikrotik after reading a bit, it can support dual-WAN but only has 1 PoE port and i was thinking if i should pair the APs with their own EdgeRouter 12P from ubiquiti instead.

5 hours ago, Kouk said:

for the AP i went with the pro because in my area they have similar prices and the 3x3 mimo is nice to have.

OK. Well, if MSRP differs in your area, I guess that will be a determining factor.

Even with 20 wireless clients in the same villa (which I don't think villas are set up to accommodate), an AC-Pro isn't necessary.

Equating the AC-Pro's 3x3 MU-MIMO to the U6-Lite's 2x2 MU-MIMO isn't necessarily fair. They're 2 different generations, the latter having better optimized hardware/radios.

5 hours ago, Kouk said:

Also i think the U6-lite and wifi 6 is kind of beta right now and im not that conserned with future proofness at the moment.

It's not beta anymore. Many manufacturers are releasing WiFi 6-compatible APs because the technology makes WiFi more efficient, especially in high-density scenarios.  WiFi 6E, on the other hand, is a different situation.

The U6-Lite and U6-LR have been proven in real-world tests to perform much better than the AC-Pro. Yes, the AC-Pro was a great performer for value at release, but even the nanoHD (a 4x4 AC wave 2 AP) quickly outperformed it. And I have a feeling that, since the U6 is so much better value for performance, Ubiquiti might be phasing out the AC-Pro soon.

5 hours ago, Kouk said:

i was thinking if i should pair the APs with their own EdgeRouter 12P from ubiquiti instead.

If you're looking for the 12P to be your router and PoE switch for the APs, the 12P's power output may not be sufficient. Many of these high density APs require 48V passive PoE; the 12P can only provide 24V if I'm not mistaken.

What kind of internet speed are you getting from the ISP? Does the ISP provide a modem or gateway device? If it's the latter, can it be easily converted to bridge mode? Do you already have the Mikrotik router?

I don't have any of the hardware yet, my isp's best option is VDSL 50mbps only for my area, divide that to 3 plus im not getting the full speed either, more like 40ish...thats why i'll probably need the second line in the near future. It does provide a generic Telekom speedport plus modem, its quite crapy by itself. Could you suggest a router that could power at least 3 U6-Lites and have at least 4 PoE ports ?

4 hours ago, Kouk said:

Could you suggest a router that could power at least 3 U6-Lites and have at least 4 PoE ports ?

If you can find it, the UniFi Switch Lite 8 PoE, should suffice. Even the older UniFi Switch 8 60W will be fine.

Yes, i think i finished my list and im ready to order them. So in the end i have 3 Ubiquiti UniFi 6 Lite 1 Ubiquiti Unifi Switch 8 (60W) or the newer one, they have the same price,

1 Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 10x and cables.

EDIT: Apparently the edgerouter is out of stock for at least a couple of months and after a quick search i cant find it anyware in europe. back to the drawing board...